Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 18, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in downtown Khon Kaen then this is not for you. Rather, it is a 48-room boutique property 18 kms from the town center situated on a quiet bend of a river surrounded by paddy fields - beautifully peaceful and quiet and this suited us perfectly.

For the price which we paid, the rooms are excellent - large, well-appointed, spotlessly clean and big comfortable beds. Although we booked two regular rooms, we were upgraded to 1 regular and 1 Junior Suite with an adjoining door. The only difference I could see between the two types of rooms was that the Junior Suite had a bath, whereas the regular room had just the walk-in shower. The rooms had a well-stocked refrigerator, 2 free bottles of water, room safe, bath robes and slippers, coffee machine, flat screen TV with cable, and free wifi which worked very well.

The breakfast (included in the room rate) was substantial: Asian and Western buffet with an egg station too. The fitness room had a good selection of equipment and was not busy when we were there. The pool looked very inviting too but we did not use it.

All the staff we came across around the resort were very helpful and friendly. I believe that transport into town can be arranged easily upon request. If we return to that part of the country we will definitely book here again.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
8  Thank 1North
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed for only one night in the Wishing Tree Resort but were very happy to do so.
From the outside , this resort may not look like your dream resort, but the rooms are very nice and well appointed. the bathroom was big enough and had a separate bathtub and shower (junior suite).
There's also a very nice pool area with a couple of deckchairs.
We had drinks and some small bites in the evening which were both delicious.
Breakfast is an American style buffet with an egg station, fruits, toast and danish pastry.
The staff was very warm and friendly.

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank citygirlloves2travel
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I booked this hotel because I was looking for something special, far away from the city noise while visiting my mother who lives in Khon Kaen. When I arrived I was a bit disappointed that the Junior Suite room booked did not quite match my expectation. Located on the ground floor, and the air conditioning machines of the other rooms at the same building were placed exactly at the outer wall of this room, resulting in a constant noise. I was already ready for bed, when I decided to contact the reception to ask for a change of room. The staff was very helpful, and within an hour they have upgraded me to villa room 413 at no extra cost.

I enjoyed also the gym room. It's very clean, and well equipped, and my intention was high to start again with sport activity, after more than three years of abstinence. Starting the day with yoga in the morning was great. Breakfast was served to the villa with nice terrace facing the river.

Free WI-FI connection throughout the resort, so I could stay in touch with the outer world, iPhone at the villa room.

Once I had lunch at the restaurant, and ordered a Seafood Salad with glassnoodles, non-spicy. It was too spicy for Westener's taste. I appreciated that they offered cucumber, tomato and water to cool down my burning mouth.

I would like to thank you everyone from the gardener, room attendant to the manager for making this an unforgettable nice experience, and hope to see you soon again!

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Choiya
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The hotel is about a 15min drive outside Khon Kaen and is in the real Thai countryside,just a sleepy village and rice fields.We wanted a get away for a few days so decided to give it a "go",initially we booked a junior villa,when we arrived the staff were very helpful and showed why Thailand is called the land of 1000 smiles.The room was large, clean and comfortable,we tried the restaurant the first night and was surprised at the quality and presentation of the food,they had western and Thai and very reasonably priced.Our first night was over at 5am when some guy decided to watch his tv full volume for 2hrs.At breakfast which was very comprehensive the waiter asked if we slept well,I replied no and explained the problem,immediately he called the manager who apologised and upgraded us to a villa.This was fantastic with its own small garden.The staff were fantastic over everything,nothing was a problem and it was really nice that all staff smiled and spoke whenever we saw them.The pool was small but again spotless.I recommend this hotel very highly if you are looking for a romantic or quiet getaway.

Room tip: Go for the villa,its worth the extra
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank 209JohnW
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is actually a review of the restaurant of the "Wishing Tree Resort". My wife and I diner there last night and it is really great. Good food and friendly staff. They have both indoor & outdoor seating (along the Mae Nam Chi) and serving Thai, Isaan and Italian food.

Date of stay: February 2012