“Nice stay”
Review of Glacier Hotel

Glacier Hotel
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Khon Kaen
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotel was clean and I found the staff helpful the price was cheap I will stay there next time I am in khon Karn the house keeping lady was friendy and always smiling when I wanted to rent a car for the all I had to do was ask at the front desk and they contacted a car hire company for me .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rodjones
Ammy T, ผู้อำนวยการฝ่ายขาย at Glacier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for your stay with us and Hope to see you next time.

Thank you!
Glacier Hotel

There are newer reviews for Glacier Hotel

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nice and central hotel in centre Khon Kaen. Near bars and restaurants. Clean and affordable rooms with polite staff and good room service. Have Italian restaurant with a American manager near by. Not far from airport and bus-station. Recommended :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Mediocre! I had stayed previously at the Pullman Khon Kaen and really enjoyed it, but was just interested in a change and this hotel is close by and looked interesting. The staff were not all that helpful. For instance, when I came from the airport, I needed change to pay the taxi and the front desk lady told me "we don't have change". I was kind of dumbfounded. The first room they put me in smelled of mold or mildew but when I requested a change of rooms, they did. When I needed to put up some friends the next night, they were not at all helpful and basically, other than the fact that the beds are relatively comfortable and the bedding was nice, the rooms and the hotel were really mediocre. Paint stains on the walls, stained walls, one of the elevator buttons was popped out and I took a photo to show them and they didn't seem concerned at all. The best advice I can give you is to stay at the Pullman, which is right next door. Its only a few bucks more and its much nicer and rooms are bigger.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeffrey H
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I chose this hotel in kk owing to its keen price/facility match. The glacier theme is both unique & unusual, both in terms of being largely white & having a 'glacier mint' design here and there (no Titanic wreckage or polar bears I hasten to add). The room allocated was in good order, quiet, spacious & overlooking some Thai style houses (surrounded by the ubiquitous mounds of rubbish) & a vast high rise hotel in the distance. The bed was large & extremely comfortable, great pillows too. The bathroom was also large but I found the 'blue' glow lighting rather irritating, as I much prefer halogen bulbs highlighting proceedings. Hot water was on demand although the shower curtain fell to the floor quickly. Breakfast was fine, plenty of western choices, although bacon seemed to be 'sold out'. The smiling & efficient staff made sure I had all else I wanted. The hotel is convenient for some good restaurants (plus a seedy looking night club, or two), some lively bars plus a large mall just 200m distant. The hotel is well run & staff very hospitable, so I enjoyed my brief stay in the hotel. If you plan to sample the 'delights' (such as they are) of Isaan this is an excellent base from which to see (interesting) nearby towns such as Mahasarakham.

Room Tip: Simply state 'non smoking room, king bed, quiet' should get you what is best
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rightfirsttime
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel, selecting it based on Trip Advisor reviews.
Perhaps we expected too much based on some glowing reviews.
First one big positive, congratulations to the friendly and efficient staff, everyone from security, front of house and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful.
The negative is that many areas of the hotel looked like they need refurbishing, our room had chipped furniture and cigarette burns on the sink although it was a non smoking room (appreciated it was other guests who did this), paint work in our room and in the restaurant area needed re coating, towels need replacing they were definately a shade of off white.
The hotel was clean it was just that our room and some other areas looked aged which contated to the vibe they are trying to create
My partner is Thai and enjoyed the breakfasts I missed not being able to have bacon during the three days we stayed.
All in all its not bad value for money, just not the exceptional place I expected from the reviews

Room Tip: I ask for a quiet room away from street noise and we were allocated one
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is my second stay in the Glacier Hotel. It is spotlessly clean, well run and service is second to none. It is very close to the city centre and within easy reach of the bustling night market. A hotel tuk tuk is available for short trips and the hotel bus is used for airport transfers and tours.
From the moment we checked in until check out we felt that we were being treated as VIP's. Even the small swimming pool was interesting. The only down side was that the hotel is located in quite a busy night time area, with various bars and live music until 1.00am.

Room Tip: All Rooms are good but I would request a room facing away from the outside bars.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel is very nice, friendly staff at the front desk and restaurants as well. For sure very clean....
Restaurants was very nice with friendly staff including service, but the buffet / seafood was to be honest not to good. We were disappointed about the food.
Still we would like to come back again at any time.
By the way great manager at the restaurant Mr. wattanakorn short thai name for apple. We really appreciate his friendliness & service-:))

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple