“Good value”

Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Khon Kaen
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I have to agree with the more positive reviews for Piman Garden Hotel, the negative ones I find somewhat alien. I stayed for 4 days, pre-booked at B1000 per night, I was more than satisfied with my choice and having previously stayed at Bussakarum Hotel and Kaen Inn (I would recommend both) I found this place an upward notch. I had a room on the 1st. floor, very spacious, balcony, etc., very comfortable with good choices on TV and fast Wi-Fi. The price included breakfast at an adjoining restaurant with was minimal but I expect that in all non-tourist orientated Thai hotels. I was also pleased with the airport pick up service.
I was pleased with my choice and will go again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Thai first
Khon Kaen, Thailand
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I had a confirmed reservation for 4 days here in a deluxe room. This is a nice bit of business for Khon Kaen as most people only stay a night or two and most do not want to spend money. But, upon arrival, I found out they had given away my room. Without any apology, they offered me a smaller room for the night. I showed them my confirmed reservation and they then changed their story to the concept that someone else overstayed and thats why my room was not available. I speak some Thai and I travel here frequently. The fact is that there was a short term demand for hotel space and they thought they could pull a switch. I believe this place discrimates agains foreigners. Stay elsewhere. The location is also not very central and there are a lot of mosquitos in the "garden".

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
khonkaenhotel, Owner at Piman Garden Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
I was shocked to read your review, having previously never received so much negativity about my hotel. We constantly strive to improve our business and learn from our mistakes but I feel bound to respond to this unfounded review. If my staff made a mistake with your booking I apologise but the hotel policy is to upgrade for free not downgrade. Up grading is nearly always possible because as you stated ' people dont want to spend a lot of money' and if any of our rooms are available it will be the more expensive President Rooms.
There may well have been a large demand on the particular day you came to check in but please refer to previous paragraph. The statement 'I believe this place discrimates against foreigners' is totally unfounded. We have been open for two years and never have we been accused of racism and I would request that you retract that statement.
The mosquito problem you refer to I find hard to believe. We accept there is mosquitos in Thailand thats why we regularly use a non toxic smoke to remove the unwanted pests. If given time to ponder your comments I am sure there may be something that upset you but I cannot believe it was what you wrote. If you wish to talk to me personally use the contact form on the website and I will arrange a time to call you
Chan

Travelers are raving about these Khon Kaen hotels

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We booked the Piman Garden in advance based on reviews from Tripadvisor, but were a little disappointed overall due a few small but key points, such as being woken at 7am by cleaning staff and the hot water being very intermittent in the shower.

LOCATION: The location is very convenient, central to good street food and restaurants and just down the right from the market.

TYPE OF ROOM: Double room – 800b per night. The room is a great size, there is plenty of space and the air-con works well.

BATHROOM/SHOWER: The bathroom was quite old, but on the upside it had plenty of space and also had a bath and shower.
The shower pressure was poor and the hot water was very intermittent.

CLEANLINESS: The room was clean and large with plenty of space for luggage.

CLOSET SPACE: There was a large closet to hang clothes in.

TV/INTERNET: There was a TV in the room with a good selection of channels.
The Wi-Fi was very poor and dropped in and out all of the time. One night it was off almost all evening.

SERVICE: The reception staff were friendly and helpful.
Cleaning staff were also very friendly however commenced their shift at 7am. Our room seemed to be right outside the cleaning supply station and every morning we were woken by cleaning trolleys being stocked and pushed around.
Breakfast wasn’t within the hotel itself but was just outside the restaurant carpark/entrance at a restaurant. Given it was low season perhaps things aren’t always so dysfunctional, on our entrance to the restaurant no one greeted us, we had to ask how breakfast worked and what was available, even then no one could really tell us! That being said, we did end up having something to eat and it is included in the room rate so that’s a positive.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gounta
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2010

This has got to be the best value hotel in issan if not thailand. In 15 years of travelling around S.E. Asia i have never been more comfortable than i was at the Piman Garden Hotel. City centre location at the end of a secluded soi, large rooms with air conditioning and a fan.Safe in the room with high end furnishings, great cable T.V. It is worth coming to Khon Kaen just to stay and relax in this fantastic hide away. Looking forward to my next visit already.
Bruce Morrice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Shanghai
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I found this to be a fabulous hotel and the price was great for a high end hotel. I was very surprised because the hotel is centrally located but when I entered the hotel grounds it was like leaving the city and entering a mini resort with beautiful landscaping providing a quite and relaxing atmosphere. The suite I stayed in was beautifully and tastefully decorated, clean and surprising large with a nice furnished balcony. The staff was friendly and helpful and the location is great with several restaurants close by and easy access to public transportation. Overall, an unusually well maintained rare jewel of a hotel that is a must stay if you are in Khon Kaen!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank GThain
UK
Reviewed September 18, 2009

I am so surprised to find this kind of hotel in Khon Kaen. It make me feel like i spent a holiday in Phuket or some resort in the southern part of Thailand. The room rate very cheap comparing to what you in there.

It make me feel like home. My room is twin bed but i found that the bed size is bigger than the oridinary one. Blanket is light and very comfortable. I feel that the quality of the material and amenities in the room is good quality like I found in some 4-5 star hotel in bangkok and souther part of Thailand. But there dont have room service availalbe by the time i went there. I feel that i dont need to as there are many restaurang around the area, and also in front of the hotel itselt. In my room I got 2 door Big refrigerator. Small pantry is provided with some plate and utencil. it make me so impressed. Hot water in the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Vientiane
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Was at Piman Garden Residence end of August and i must agree totally with the original post. By far the best hotel we have used in Khon Kaen. Nearly new and knocks spots of the competition. A big thumbs up

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business