“Very Average - disappointed!”

Blue Rice Restaurant by Apple & Noi
Ranked #3 of 171 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Celebrate Thai FoodIndividual favourites cooking is an artThe Blue Rice Restaurants prepare exceptionally delicious food, prepared by Apple, Noi and our passionate team. Enjoy traditional Thai recipes, and special home-made treats. Among many highlights in our extensive menu are a mouthwatering coconut and cashew infused Massaman curry, and ‘The best Tom Kha Kai ’. Meat lovers and vegetarians will be full and happy. It’s a happy fact that many of our guests have stayed in Kanchanaburi several extra days, for just ‘one more meal at Apple’s!’
Lara, Australia
“Very Average - disappointed!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

After reading all the reviews (good and bad) we walked from our accommodation to the Blue Rice with a very open mind.

The setting was fantastic and the modern property was amazing. So we were excited at splashing out and having a really top meal.

We placed our orders - grossly over priced - but thought the food might justify the pricing. As we ordered the place started to fill up and it all went wrong...

Our meals were a very long time - and dishes were missing all together. The food was average compared to other places we had eaten at a tenth of the cost. We could not get served for drinks to save ourselves and it seemed to be total chaos.

I think that the owners should have stayed small and not taken on such a large undertaking - it might have still been a great place to eat.

Would not recommend.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank KellieSpark

• Korean first
  • Thai first
“Noi body makes better Thai food”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been living in Thailand for the past 3 months and after trying a large vast of Thai food here, this was the best!

We came here along with 2 friends we met while touring kanchanaburi for the weekend and it did not disapoint.

The owner (I forget if her name was Apple or Noi, I'm so sorry!!) Was so delightful, funny and charming. She even taught us a lesson on the little lizards (jing joks) and how they eat anything except ants because they dont want to get bit. But im getting off topic here!

I had the massaman curry with the blue rice (which I have never seen in my life). This dish was the best curry dish my tongue has ever had the pleasure of tasting. I feel that I was ripping this place off by only paying 90 baht for such a delight. Omg, thank you. I will make room in our schedule to come back before we leave Thailand :)

• Visited September 2013
Lara, Australia
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went expecting a lot...but were very disappointed. This was over priced, rather bland food and can be beaten by others easily. Would not recommend for anything other than the location.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank KellieSpark
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I loved everything about this restaurant. The ingredients are fresh and a lot of love is put into the kitchen

Visited August 2013
Sydney
“Best Thai food ever”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

A wonderful last meal in Thailand - the best Thai food we've ever had. Lovely setting on the quiet side of the river, in a relaxed outdoor casual eating area. We had the platter of nibbles that you wrap in leaves and dip in the delicious sauce, followed by the Massaman curry and a very spicy papaya and chicken salad. We just had room to share a sticky rice and mango dessert - everything was beautifully presented and beyond scrumptious. The service was helpful and informative, with a real pride in the dishes. Now I really want to do the cooking course - we'll be back.

• Visited June 2013