“Noi body makes better Thai food”

Blue Rice Restaurant by Apple & Noi
Ranked #3 of 171 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Celebrate Thai FoodIndividual favourites cooking is an artThe Blue Rice Restaurants prepare exceptionally delicious food, prepared by Apple, Noi and our passionate team. Enjoy traditional Thai recipes, and special home-made treats. Among many highlights in our extensive menu are a mouthwatering coconut and cashew infused Massaman curry, and ‘The best Tom Kha Kai ’. Meat lovers and vegetarians will be full and happy. It’s a happy fact that many of our guests have stayed in Kanchanaburi several extra days, for just ‘one more meal at Apple’s!’
“Noi body makes better Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been living in Thailand for the past 3 months and after trying a large vast of Thai food here, this was the best!

We came here along with 2 friends we met while touring kanchanaburi for the weekend and it did not disapoint.

The owner (I forget if her name was Apple or Noi, I'm so sorry!!) Was so delightful, funny and charming. She even taught us a lesson on the little lizards (jing joks) and how they eat anything except ants because they dont want to get bit. But im getting off topic here!

I had the massaman curry with the blue rice (which I have never seen in my life). This dish was the best curry dish my tongue has ever had the pleasure of tasting. I feel that I was ripping this place off by only paying 90 baht for such a delight. Omg, thank you. I will make room in our schedule to come back before we leave Thailand :)

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Lara, Australia
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went expecting a lot...but were very disappointed. This was over priced, rather bland food and can be beaten by others easily. Would not recommend for anything other than the location.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank KellieSpark
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I loved everything about this restaurant. The ingredients are fresh and a lot of love is put into the kitchen

Visited August 2013
Sydney
“Best Thai food ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

A wonderful last meal in Thailand - the best Thai food we've ever had. Lovely setting on the quiet side of the river, in a relaxed outdoor casual eating area. We had the platter of nibbles that you wrap in leaves and dip in the delicious sauce, followed by the Massaman curry and a very spicy papaya and chicken salad. We just had room to share a sticky rice and mango dessert - everything was beautifully presented and beyond scrumptious. The service was helpful and informative, with a real pride in the dishes. Now I really want to do the cooking course - we'll be back.

• Visited June 2013
“Most expensive (an very average) Thai meal in my two weeks.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I just left here feeling really really disappointed. I have been traveling for two weeks and the food from street venders, hostels, and local markets has been amazing. Soooo when I go to a well reviews place like this I was expecting a lot.

I got the opposite. The place was busy, but it's Saturday so they should know the drill. I waited to get a table, waited to get a beer, and waited for everything else.

The food was so very average. I live in New York and feel like I just ordered from the local place around the block. The food is not authentic at all it's Westernized. Maybe the other reviews haven't had much local Thai food but I have been all over it here and I feel like this is not local at all just made to please western palates.

That's just me

By the way my meal was 375 baht which is pretty much the equalivlent to three nights of eating at authentic Thai places.

• Visited July 2013