“A breathtaking oasis”

Royal River Kwai Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Kanchanaburi
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I traveled through Thailand last year in May for 10 days and I spend two night in here. It was the best place I have stayed in the whole trip.

It is outside of the city and getting there wasn't very easy but very worth it. I havent experience accommodation and food as good as I did here in the 2000 km I cover through the country.

The gardens are just beautiful and the food is amazing. The pool was great, the river was perfect for a night stroll, the staff was nice and helpful, everything was great.

I have read a few of the complaints and all I have to say is keep in mind you are in Thailand. It is not the most developed country and English is not the easiest language for them. I am sure there are other great places, perhaps with even higher quality but also at a higher rate. This cost $60 CAN for 2 nights for 2 people. It was a year a go but for the price we paid and I was quite impressed with the place. The food is not expensive either, very tasty and plenty.

I highly recommend the place and as an added bonus you are 30 min away from the Tiger Temple and a bit under 1h from the Erawan National Park where you can hike up the 7 level waterfall. If you feel adventures you can rent a scooter and make your way to the two locations. If I end up back in Thailand I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

The resort is really a little heaven on earth, but there are some things to be improved:
1.The staff , especially the reception women in blue dresses, are not polite at all. We ask them about the trips possibilities and they just told us about the taxi prices althought in reception there is a book with all kind od trips offer.
2. The hotel doesnt have an anti mosquito net.
3.The hotel is located out of town and you need to pay a Taxi for 200thb.You cant bargain.There is also a free transportation offer in hotel, but only betwen 10.30am nad 2.30pm.
4.We went on a trip choosen from the hotel book to Erawan falls. It was just amazing. I recomend it.

The hotel vas a nice swiming pool and park.Itd well seen from the published photos.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Warm welcome from front desk.
Good taste of food.
but it difficult to find because the sign is small.
If egg's chef more smile it maybe good for customers.
the environment it very good, a lot of tree make the resort cool.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel very good clean room and nice service. I love breakfast ,so good. Very nice big swimming pool and spa . There are river terrace restaurant very romance .location of resort close to River Kwai 10 min drive from city ^ ^. It Internet wifi available .

Stayed: May 2557, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here as part of an organised trip. The rooms are large and clean with everything that you need and the setting is quiet and tranquil in a lovely setting by the river. Anti-mosquito coils are put in the corridor but reception will arrange to have room sprayed if required. Ate at the restaurant by the river one night - the food was delicious but relatively expensive. The breakfast buffet provides loads of different choices. The resort is quite a way from the town so it is you need to have your own transport. I would recommend this resort to other people staying in the region as it provides a good base and is good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My partner and I stayed here prior to visiting the Tiger Temple. We arrived to a rather disappointingly blunt reception. We asked the staff to book us a taxi to the Tiger Temple which they agreed to do no problems. Our room was ok, nothing special but clean and tidy. We got room service and the food was average. We spent the rest of the day chilling by the pool, which was nice as there were very few people there. It did get busy in the afternoon but still a nice setting. Our biggest gripe with this hotel is that we got to reception early the next day to meet our taxi that the reception staff had failed to book. The extremely rude reception staff in the morning tried blaming us for not confirming, which we did twice, and then started to tell us astronomical prices if we wanted her to order us a taxi. After a fairly heated argument we eventually got a taxi(the driver of which was very nice, helped us at the temple and needless to say was nothing to do with the hotel). Wouldn't recommend this hotel on the poor service experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The accommodation was great, the only thing missing was a kettle and coffee making facilities. Well appointed rooms, restaurant was great and well priced. Breakfast was the best we have had on this holiday. The gardens and pool were a landscapers dream. Service was exceptional.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple