See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

I stayed in River Guest House for 5 nights. I had a great experience. The huts are on top of the river like old Thai style, so it's a cool experience. They are very basic, but also very cheap. Because of it's location on the water there were some bugs at night, but that doesn't bother me. The owner was also really friendly and helpful, their dogs are sweet too. Good location, easy to walk into town and restaurants and such. I would gladly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

Visited here a few days ago travelling with a small group of friends.
Where do I start? The staff are super friendly including their 2 awesome dogs.
We went with the double rooms with air con. I would highly recommend this as they most definitely have the most outstanding view.
Swimming in the river was quite safe too. (Just watch the current and the odd monitor lizard)
Small shop just across the road with super friendly staff also.
Would definitely stay here again :)

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2016

Been coming here for years, feels like home to me. Yes, the guesthouse is old, but for me that adds to the charm. For those who love a quiet spot on a house boat with stunning views and adorable staff.... come here!

Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2016

I really mean view. Everytime I come to Kanchanaburi the first thing in my mind is a view from River guest house room's balcony. Every sunset I love to sit there with my enjoy. I feel very good there and good energy around there.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2016

The place was ok not too bad for the price you pay, nice view in the morning from the balcony. The shower water is small weird thou, we thou they might use the river water :P but we not sure. People there are nice, the place smell not so good because so many dogs there.

Stayed: January 2016