See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

Visited here a few days ago travelling with a small group of friends.
Where do I start? The staff are super friendly including their 2 awesome dogs.
We went with the double rooms with air con. I would highly recommend this as they most definitely have the most outstanding view.
Swimming in the river was quite safe too. (Just watch the current and the odd monitor lizard)
Small shop just across the road with super friendly staff also.
Would definitely stay here again :)

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2016

Been coming here for years, feels like home to me. Yes, the guesthouse is old, but for me that adds to the charm. For those who love a quiet spot on a house boat with stunning views and adorable staff.... come here!

Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2016

I really mean view. Everytime I come to Kanchanaburi the first thing in my mind is a view from River guest house room's balcony. Every sunset I love to sit there with my enjoy. I feel very good there and good energy around there.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2016

The place was ok not too bad for the price you pay, nice view in the morning from the balcony. The shower water is small weird thou, we thou they might use the river water :P but we not sure. People there are nice, the place smell not so good because so many dogs there.

Stayed: January 2016
1  Thank Katekawaii
Reviewed May 31, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in total sandwiched around a trip to Elephants World, and it was an experience!
This was the first quintessentially Thai place we stayed in during our trip in Thailand. The location is stunning - huts built on stilts right onto the river. It had been rebuilt 6 years ago due to destruction caused by the rainy season, and I think it is fair to say the decoration is an ongoing process!!
There are two choices of room, we arrived and booked the basic rooms with a fan - however the sweltering heat caused us to plump straight away for a switch to the air con bungalows that jut out into the waterway. The extra 50ish baht was well worth it, as it was slightly less basic. It also had a lovely balcony which was treated to fabulous sunsets, and you are welcome to fish.
Now let's not beat around the bush, this is basic. The bathroom is basic, the bed is just about comfortable, even the path to the front door was an adventure. But all these things had buckets of character; an unforgettable experience, increased by the daily marauding black and yellow monitor lizards.
As a whole, I would give a deserving 3 star rating to this guesthouse, but the extra star is happily given for the charming, smiling and helpful owner (you won't forget him). I would definitely return to this tranquil guest house.
Would also note in response to other reviews that we had no creepy crawly night guests, and found the rooms surprisingly clean, bar the odd cobweb.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple