See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 1, 2014

Considering the location which is excellent, and the views, amazing, and the price 450B A/C with bathroom, rustic is the kindest way to describe this G/H if you want everything perfect expect to pay double.
You get what you pay for!

Stayed: December 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2014

While I cannot say for 8$ this was a bad place it is only in comparison to what you can get at this cost in Kanchanaburi which makes this a let down. I made my first ever pre-booking for a night before arriving thinking I would have difficulty in finding a place upon arrival...I wish I could get my money back from Agoda somehow. The bed was a rock, the bathroom and general setting a mess. I feel bad but the owners need to know the truth and rejuvenate the place if they are ever to have future success (people I met were very nice). Internet was good but that makes up for nothing. Yes, dirty room and uncomfortable, I moved on as soon as I could. At half the price I would be happy but there are great places for 250/night.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Claire-bear-D
Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

A very nice guesthouse with rooms on the water! The rooms are basic but nice. But the owner is very friendly! Even did our loundry properly! Really recommend this place for a stay in Kanchanaburi! The view is awesome and a cool experience to have a room on the river Kwai.

Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank philipped46
Reviewed August 23, 2013

At first we took a room for 400 baht (10 euro). The room was very basic (which is not a problem for only 400 baht), but the toilet was a french toilet (hole in the ground), uncleaned filled with poop.

After flushing it, we decided to ask for a different room and we ended up in a room for 250 baht (6.25 euro). This room was even more basic with only a bed, toilet and cold shower. The room was full of dust and spiderwebs. In the night the cockroaches came to live in the bathroom, not just 1 or 2 (we stopped counting after 8). Luckily they didnt move into the bedroom.

The personnel is very kind and helpful but we do not get why they spent so much time in front of the tv instead of cleaning the rooms.

This is the worst guesthouse we've ever had and we didnt sleep at all that night.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We saw the reviews so were excited for our arrival at the river guest house, we had a massive shock. The photos must be old as the place seemed to be falling apart. We got shown a room thinking we'd give it a chance but even the man suggested going to one down the road instead. The air con didn't work and the bathroom was horrific and we've stayed in various places around the world and aren't afraid to rough it!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple