ZenHotels.com
Priceline
Trip.com
Agoda.com
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This place need a health warning, it must be one of the dirtiest hotels I've ever stayed in anywhere in South East Asia, and I've stayed in some pits believe me.

A very very tired hotel in need of a massive expensive refurb, everything you looked at was falling apart, faded or just broken. The smell in the rooms was disgusting too, it smelled like a gym shower room, we had booked four rooms and a family room for our party, every room was the same, with mouldy wall paper hanging off the walls, the horrible smell, disgusting stained fridges (with no mini bar), mould around the bath and showers, crusty dirt around the sinks etc etc, absolutely minging!
Cigarette butts all around the pool, which is showing signs of subsidence as the concrete is dropping and cracked all around it, it was so cloudy and full of leaves and dirt it was without doubt not for swimming in. The staff were miserable and clearly used to people complaining about these problems, when they saw us they would look or walk the other way.
It's also in the middle of nowhere, about 25k from the main town, something else that isn't shown on their website.
Luckily for us we'd booked through and agency, so after a quick phonecall of complaint they told us to pack our bags and move into the town to a lovely resort (Felix resort).
The guy at the reception told our driver this happened everyday at the resort, it's no wonder the place is empty, we were the only people there on that day, and we didn't stay more than twenty mins.

Don't waste your time booking this place, as soon as you get there you'll want to leave, this is one to avoid. Try the Felix closer to the town, it was five star compared to this dump!

Room tip: I can't think of any positives to put in here, sorry.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank uptoyouWorcester
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is older than what it looks in the photos with all the lighting effects, etc. I had been here with my family and our stay was quite pleasant. Food is good. Breakfast is quite elaborate. Its the place you may want to go to when the idea is to spend minimum time at the hotel and maximum time to the outside of it.

Room tip: take the room facing river KWAI. Ask for 20 to 30 % discount at least.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank KSHorizon
Reviewed May 9, 2012

The Pavilion Rim Kwai Hotel is a resort hotel in up-country Thailand. It has the feel and appearance of a development that was never quite as successful as hoped for. The rooms are large and the air-con works well, but it’s all a bit dilapidated. The shower was strong but somehow leaked all over the bathroom floor in our room, and the bath leaked too.

The wifi hotspots that are meant to cover the hotel (and are chargeable) didn’t reach many of the rooms, and people could be seen down in the reception area all the time with their iPads and laptops trying to get a connection. The food served was quite good (I only ate in the function hall, not in the restaurant) but overall, it’s a tired hotel in the middle of nowhere with very little to do at it. I do think it’s probably aimed more at the local tourist than foreign visitors, so I may be judging this by inappropriate standards.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank KeithR903
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed here for a night for company's party. The room really need some refreshment. Everything was old. The buildings needed re-paint.

Resort's facilities were so-so. However, staffs were great. Lots of choices for breakfast which they offered "Hot Thai Milk Tea" as part of breakfast, a must try.

The resort was some 20 kms. from Kanchanaburi. So, it wasn't ideal place to stay if you want to hang out in city of Kanchanaburi.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Firstly don't believe the pictures. The entire place has a rundown feel - hotel management obviously built this but did not care to maintain the facilities. All the pictures were probably taken 10 years ago when this first opened up, and I have no doubt it was nice back then. Rooms were bad: bugs in the toilet, leaky shower, suspicious looking bathtub, old bed mattresses, broken lamps, static-prone television, mosquitoes everywhere (and more outdoors), and a shabby balcony.

The hotel restaurant is far from decent. Breakfast buffet was served outdoors which is another way of saying it is a buffet for ants and flies. The minute you set your food on the wooden tables ants will start attacking it. Anything sweet will draw flies. Food quality and taste were poor too for Thailand. Lunch was better because it was indoors.

There are two swimming pools. The larger one is permanently closed down. The smaller one did not look swimmable either despite the hotel staff's valiant efforts. Garden grounds are okay to walk around but nothing unlike a typical park.

Service was poor; staff were either very very shy or did not simply care about your experience here. Maybe they've grown resigned to customers' complaints - I would if I were they.

Oddly this place seems very popular with conferences and company retreats. I was there for precisely that reason, and for the three days we were there there were two other conferences going on. So the only redeeming part of this trip was the lovely staff and colleagues that were there with me. I would not recommend coming here alone or even as a couple or with friends. There are much better places to stay closer to town for the same rate.

Date of stay: June 2011