“Cheap and good good”

Dining options: Late Night
Bangkok, Thailand
“Cheap and good good”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

They have a very big menu with cheap food. The taste of the food is good only the service of the staff is terible and alot of mosquitoes. We ordered a San Miguel beer and the taste was strange we looked on the bottle and saw it was filled in 2012. But dessert apple pie was very nice.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Marseille, France
“Lacklustre welcome”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Service without charm. Quite an extensive menu both Thai and European and the food was ok. Just no ambiance and certainly no sign of anything "jolly". Ok if you just need to refuel. Loads better in Kanchanaburi!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Mintybutton
Siggiewi, Malta
“Food ok service & dessert 0”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We were suggested by locals to visit Jolly Frog for some good food so we did.

We ordered a chicken steak with pepper sauce with french fries which in our opinion was good except that the french fries were a bit cold :/

After I ordered a pancake which I must say it was not worth the wait. It was nothing like a pancake, was heavy like a brick.

As for the service, the staff were quite lazy, slow and have no idea at all of how to serve clients.

Bangkok, Thailand
“It's a good menu, that's about it.”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have been reading the reviews, I couldn't agree more. As I was eating there today I told my friend that if the service staff knew anything about service it would be a win-win-win situation. I would be happy and return, the owners would be happy to get return business, and the staff would be happy to get tips. As it is, the wait staff can go and pick the crumbs off my plate, Mgt. really needs to take care of this, but alas they are the same.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank bangkokfed
“Aggressive male restaurant staff members”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at the Jolly Frog 10 years ago, and as I'm passing through Thailand on the way to Myanmar I thought I'd stay here again as I have a few days spare while I wait for my Myanmar visa to be processed. Still cheap and nothing much has changed. The garden is nice.

When the rooms are cheap, I tend to eat in the restaurant as that seems fair. But I really regret that I did after being threaten by two male staff members. It seems they have a little scam going on. I ordered a fish dish from the menu, ate it, was delicious. However, when the bill came, there was an error. The number of my dish was written on the bill but they'd charged me for something more expensive. They insisted I had eaten something more expensive although the dish number was clearly written on the bill. I was called a "stupid guy" several times and two male staff members stood over me, fists showing, wanting to beat me up. I don't appreciate being intimidated and threaten. Be careful to check the dish brought to you is exactly what you ordered. I really thought mine was or maybe it was. I still refused to pay on principle of the staffs negotiabl behaviour and a female staff member came between us, although I was not allowed to get up during this time, and accepted my payment. I was so shocked at these guys behaviour, unbelievable. They also followed me back to my room, shouting abuse, very scary experience. After reading through comments here, it seems to have happened to other people. And I have to agree that most of the other staff members are miserable and are more focused on their mobile phones. My experience here clouds any good qualities this place may have. Will never come back.

3 Thank star211