“Service bad, food nothing special”

Jolly Frog Backpackers Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 182 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Got there one evening extremely hungry, was seated and got drinks ok, was sitting there for quite I while then and had to get the waitress attention even though the was only one other table of people in the place, ordered the food and I could tell the waitress was not even interested in what we were saying. My girlfriends came out first not in a timely fashion and it was wrong, we told them and received more attitude, then she realized she made a mistake and handed it to the other table after almost 10 minutes, she grabbed the plate Of the other table and gave it to my girlfriend second hand and cold. My girlfriend eat her rice and some of the sauce, it was 40 minutes after that and I had not received my food or the starter we ordered, so we got up paid for what we had whilst still getting attitude of a waitress and left hungry and annoyed. Only meal in Thailand I have ever complained about, there are so many nice places to eat, please don't waste your time here

3  Thank Kerr_gipp_18
There are newer reviews for Jolly Frog Backpackers Restaurant

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I can't think of a more average meal in Thailand. Not too expensive for the quality, not amazing for the price. I would say that if you're going to eat here, you should just get street food instead, or go to Nut Bar or On's if you're looking to sit down and have a meal.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a very good choice for eating in Kanchanaburi.

low prices and very tasty food.

The service side was alright. Except, with one waitress only, far too slow. In that instance the order was slow and confused; the waitress maintained an unfriendly demeanor but did ensure that eventually all as served even though late. Wait ... then they serve one drink; wait ... ask where drink is for other person at table; Waitress seems surprised; Wait .... Second drink arrives; Wait ..... Some food arrives; wait .... etc.

But the other visits there was no problem. Food is very good. Price and selection very good.

large place. tables spaced out. place was clean.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great food at very reasonable prices & staff very friendly.
Went a few times as food always excellant & surroundings pleasant. They have hammocks & deckchairs around the back overloking the river.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was the best meal we have had so far....service was a little average but for what we paid and the quality of the food who cares! Great portions, great taste and value plus.