This has been our 3rd stay at the Felix River Kwai Resort, and as always we thoroughly enjoyed the serenity and peace. The gardens are lovely as ever and this resort still has the best pool ever. The rooms are a bit dated, but still great and add to the colonial theme.
Breakfast is fantastic!! And as always the staff go out of their way to accommodate us.
I would like to mention the following points as constructive criticism:
1. The sauna area by the pool needs some renovating and paintwork and is a eyesore in comparison to the reset of the resort.
2. I would suggest the implementation of coffee/tea facilities (kettles) in the rooms.
It is a 4* resort after-all and we stayed in the deluxe river view (higher room type than entry level) and had no tea/coffee making facilities. The staff kindly brought us some boiled water each morning and we bought our own coffee, sugar & milk.
The gardens offer numerous picnic areas / benches & tables to enjoy your own picnic lunch or a glass of wine while staring out over the River Kwai.
It's a short walk to the Bridge, and we easily crossed to the other side where there are numerous restaurants to enjoy. Be careful when returning back over the Bridge at night... although there are lights on the bridge itselve, it's very dark and dangerous at the point where one has to get off to go back to the resort. I would suggest taking flash lights if you plan on doing so.
Had a great relaxing time at Felix River Kwai - will be back again in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous addresses in Kanchanaburi with a well known luxury and elegant ambiance that has been playing host to many high profile events and VIP from worldwide. An Oasis for both Business and Pleasure. Welcome to The Felix River Kwai Resort Kanchanaburi. Felix River Kwai Resort, a four star plus resort in Kanchanaburi, Only two hours from Bangkok. The resort sits on 130 rai or 20 hectares plot of pristine riverfront land adjacent to the infamous Bridge On The River Kwai. Just 10 minutes away from downtown Kanchanaburi, the resort caters to an interesting mix of corporate, incentive, government clients as well as local and International Visitors who enjoy the low rise architecture, lush & beautiful garden, privacy and space the resort generously affords them. The resort maintains 255 rooms and suites, each has a private balcony, with complete amenities and an uncompromising standard of services. There is also an enchanting Log Cabin Home popular occupied by VIP, Local and International Celebrities In addition there are also two large swimming pools, two tennis courts, sauna, The Ficus SPA center, snooker lounge, fitness center, 2 kilometers of jogging track, bicycles, canoes for rental, Felix Station 9 (obstacles courses for team building) and an elegant river raft cruise. The resort exotic gardens act as a layover for different species of migratory birds and feature many different species of trees. The Kwai Yai (Bigger) meets the Kai Noi (Smaller) and the Meklong in Kanchanaburi, and these feed the resorts labyrinth of lagoons that host many species of giant fresh water fishes. The Pailin Convention Center is a premier and prestigious venue for events of all levels and sizes. The non-pillar convention center can accommodate up to 1,000 delegates theater seating with a long and spacious adjoining pre function area. There are smaller meetings room designed to accommodate various settings for meeting, seminar and workshop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Fastbooking, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Felix River Kwai Resort - Kanchanaburi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Felix River Kwai Kanchanaburi