Clearly this was once a grand resort, however appears to have languished in recent years and some parts of the hotel are a bit dilapidated.
- Large clean rooms with river facing balconies, shaded from the afternoon sun (thankfully).
- Huge, spotlessly cleaned bathroom with semi-modern features.
- Very close to Kwai Bridge, an excellent shortcut into town (be careful crossing at night - not advised)
- Out of town, therefore very quiet & peaceful during the day.
- Large lagoon pool with swim up bar, albeit the pool needs a good clean to rid the green tinge from within it!
- No in-room internet, VERY limited TV channel selection
- Rooms & hotel in general need a facelift
- Can get noisy at night - incredibly loud tourist party boats are towed up the river late at night which has the potential to disturb even heavy sleepers such as myself.
The food at the hotel was decent and well priced, and the staff helpful and attentive. This is an ideal spot for a couple of days if you are in town for ANZAC Day (as we were) and to visit other local attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most famous addresses in Kanchanaburi with a well known luxury and elegant ambiance that has been playing host to many high profile events and VIP from worldwide. An Oasis for both Business and Pleasure. Welcome to The Felix River Kwai Resort Kanchanaburi. Felix River Kwai Resort, a four star plus resort in Kanchanaburi, Only two hours from Bangkok. The resort sits on 130 rai or 20 hectares plot of pristine riverfront land adjacent to the infamous Bridge On The River Kwai. Just 10 minutes away from downtown Kanchanaburi, the resort caters to an interesting mix of corporate, incentive, government clients as well as local and International Visitors who enjoy the low rise architecture, lush & beautiful garden, privacy and space the resort generously affords them. The resort maintains 255 rooms and suites, each has a private balcony, with complete amenities and an uncompromising standard of services. There is also an enchanting Log Cabin Home popular occupied by VIP, Local and International Celebrities In addition there are also two large swimming pools, two tennis courts, sauna, The Ficus SPA center, snooker lounge, fitness center, 2 kilometers of jogging track, bicycles, canoes for rental, Felix Station 9 (obstacles courses for team building) and an elegant river raft cruise. The resort exotic gardens act as a layover for different species of migratory birds and feature many different species of trees. The Kwai Yai (Bigger) meets the Kai Noi (Smaller) and the Meklong in Kanchanaburi, and these feed the resorts labyrinth of lagoons that host many species of giant fresh water fishes. The Pailin Convention Center is a premier and prestigious venue for events of all levels and sizes. The non-pillar convention center can accommodate up to 1,000 delegates theater seating with a long and spacious adjoining pre function area. There are smaller meetings room designed to accommodate various settings for meeting, seminar and workshop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Felix River Kwai Resort - Kanchanaburi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Felix River Kwai Kanchanaburi