“Below expectations.”

Nut's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 171 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Hot to find my restaurant:The restaurant is located on the main tourist road, also known as "River Kwai Road" or, in Thai language, "Thanon Maenam Kwae". Starting from the center of the main road (near the "7 Eleven"), follow the road to the south, towards the "Allied cemetary". Turn the around the corner with all the bars and the "CJ" convenience store and you are already there!Hello and welcome to my restaurant!All food is homemade using fresh, natural ingredients and I try to cook as healthy as possible.Meat, seafood, fruit and vegetables are bought from village farms or our local market which I visit every day.I also use high quality oil. My fruit shakes, juices and lassies are without added sugar.Please note that I prepare everything myself and food may take a while if the place is busy. I ask for your patience, I think it is worth it :)Note that fish and crab are not in the menu anymore as they do not stay fresh for long and the demand is very low. Please let me know 1 day in advance if you want to have a fish or crab dish.Feel free to ask for the newspaper or WiFi password or charge your phone / laptop.You may also use my personal computer (if possible).Enjoy your stay!
Hokitika, New Zealand
“Below expectations.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Just been for a really disappointing meal at Nut's Restaurant. After having our orders taken by a surly teenager we sat back and looked forward to our meal; Massaman curry with vegetables and tofu and Penang curry with vegetables and tofu, both with rice. We were really disappointed to find the curries came with hardly any veggies but a mountain of tofu (I ordered vegetarian to share with my partner) and they were double the price of the same dish elsewhere.. At the bottom of the Massaman curry we found a piece of meat, not what you want to find in a vego meal. The chef or waiting staff could not understand what we were saying the problem was and kept telling us we had read the menu wrong and if we wanted meat to order something else. Then we were charged way more than we had calculated the bill to be. Overall for the price we paid and the reviews on here we were really looking forward to eating here but we were very disappointed. Would recommend trying the veggy place round the corner for half the price and much more delicious. (got a pizza on the way home from nextdoor!)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ric H

• Thai first
Otley, United Kingdom
“Better than most”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

The food is good, it is cheap and what more can I say
Apparently I need to write more, but I am lost for words

Visited May 2014
Newbridge, Ireland
“Beautiful food and a lovely chef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is absolutely fabulous. Huge portions of fresh, tasty Thai food. Nut is really lovely and chatty. Highly recommended.

Hua Hin, Thailand
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have lived in Thailand for almost 6 years and I can't remember food as good as this in a long time. I am always wary of Farang orientated Thai restaurants which normally means the food isn't spicy or flavorsome enough for my now-Asian taste buds.

There were 4 of us dining and every dish that came out was perfect. As the menu informs people on the first page, expect to wait longer than average as there is only 1 chef (Nut) and a tiny kitchen BUT everything IS made fresh with top ingredients and the wait is worth it. If you want to eat at say, 7 pm, you would need to go there at 6.30pm and enjoy a drink first. If the restaurant is even half full, the wait would be longer. Enjoy watching the world go by as you wait. It's Thailand.....no hurry.

Most dishes are around 100 baht and the portions are BIG.

Oh and if you need a Farang fix, the chunky chips are brilliant.

Nut the owner is lovely. I had visited here only once over a year ago and, guess what, she remembered me.

• Visited May 2014
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
“one of our best meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I kept it simple here, as its not much too look at, and despite the fact they forgot our spring rolls, and the staff all being family aren't your usual overly friendly staff, it was amazing. I had a masaman curry I think, it was perfectly spiced and very flavourful. IF YOU WANT FISH/CRAB ORDER DAY BEFORE! As she only uses fresh ingredients. How you could go Kanch and not eat here is beyond me.

Visited April 2014