“Recommended by an Isaan girl (Must be good!)”
Review of Nut's Restaurant

Nut's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 173 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hot to find my restaurant:The restaurant is located on the main tourist road, also known as "River Kwai Road" or, in Thai language, "Thanon Maenam Kwae". Starting from the center of the main road (near the "7 Eleven"), follow the road to the south, towards the "Allied cemetary". Turn the around the corner with all the bars and the "CJ" convenience store and you are already there!Hello and welcome to my restaurant!All food is homemade using fresh, natural ingredients and I try to cook as healthy as possible.Meat, seafood, fruit and vegetables are bought from village farms or our local market which I visit every day.I also use high quality oil. My fruit shakes, juices and lassies are without added sugar.Please note that I prepare everything myself and food may take a while if the place is busy. I ask for your patience, I think it is worth it :)Note that fish and crab are not in the menu anymore as they do not stay fresh for long and the demand is very low. Please let me know 1 day in advance if you want to have a fish or crab dish.Feel free to ask for the newspaper or WiFi password or charge your phone / laptop.You may also use my personal computer (if possible).Enjoy your stay!
Udon Thani, Thailand
“Recommended by an Isaan girl (Must be good!)”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Supper, evening meal and a lunch over 3 days spent in Kanchanaburi is testament to the quality of Nuts' food! Having struggled to locate it on night one we had already eaten by the time we happened on Nut and her team. After a few beers we managed a supper dish of the stir fried morning glory and then ordered the next days dinner - I requested Red Snapper Chu Chee style and my Thai partner (Isaan) put herself at Nut's mercy by asking for anything regional that Nut would eat. The resulting meal was superb (and thanks for the complimentary Tempura veg Nut!)
Post meal drinks - too much wine - with Nut and her partner led to ordering the next days lunch - off menu - Pad Krapow Moo (stir fried Pork with Basil) again a superbly executed dish that was cooked to the spice level requested.
This restaurant is like sitting in Nuts own kitchen, anything you ask for will within reason be delivered (one of the staff was sent on an errand to get my Isaan girl a Som Tam) and I highly recommend ordering the fish the day before as Nut personally goes to the market to source it.
Nut, from Andy and Gyk thanks for your hospitality, we will be back soon to see you and C!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gyk-Andy

• Thai first
Sydney, Australia
“Great food.”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Lovely relaxed place- no aircon but the tiles and fans make it cool enough. Really tasty food and very friendly owner who catered for my not-so-much-chilli western palate. We enjoyed a chicken curry and a pork stirfry with a beer and coconut water for about $15.

Visited April 2014
“Best Thai Food in Thailand”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

This place earned every single excellent review it got so far.
Me my wife and two years old daughter ate there today, and it was like nothing we tasted before in Thailand. Nut is a cooking guru and a very nice person as well.
We will definitely eat there again tomorrow (twice).
If you ever passed by Kanchanaburi you will be missing a lot if you don't try Nut's restaurant.

“Amazing Thai food ”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Well worth 5 stars. This small restaurant where the food is cooked right in front of you is the perfect place to eat authentic & delicious Thai food. The dishes are cooked one by one, so be prepared to eat separately ( thai style ). Well worth the visit.

London, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This place deserves the previous reviews. Great food and a good price. Freshly cooked in front of you. Great currys and go for the recommended dishes. Worth hunting this place our and within walking distance of the war cemetery off the main drag. Just hope the place does not get spoilt by its TripAdvisor profile.

Visited April 2014