“Great Thai and Western food at a reasonable price”
Review of Nut's Restaurant - CLOSED

Nut's Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hot to find my restaurant:The restaurant is located on the main tourist road, also known as "River Kwai Road" or, in Thai language, "Thanon Maenam Kwae". Starting from the center of the main road (near the "7 Eleven"), follow the road to the south, towards the "Allied cemetary". Turn the around the corner with all the bars and the "CJ" convenience store and you are already there!Hello and welcome to my restaurant!All food is homemade using fresh, natural ingredients and I try to cook as healthy as possible.Meat, seafood, fruit and vegetables are bought from village farms or our local market which I visit every day.I also use high quality oil. My fruit shakes, juices and lassies are without added sugar.Please note that I prepare everything myself and food may take a while if the place is busy. I ask for your patience, I think it is worth it :)Note that fish and crab are not in the menu anymore as they do not stay fresh for long and the demand is very low. Please let me know 1 day in advance if you want to have a fish or crab dish.Feel free to ask for the newspaper or WiFi password or charge your phone / laptop.You may also use my personal computer (if possible).Enjoy your stay!
Reviewed February 26, 2013

There are lots of great places to eat in Kanchanaburi but this one stands out for its ability to plate up great bangers and mash and pad thai. Typical restaurant style with an open front but in Nut the cooking is done in front of you and you can enjoy the spectacle of fresh herbs and spices being prepared. Service is a little slower then other restaurants but this is because everything is freshly prepared. Staff are friendly without being overly so.

1  Thank Westynut

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Lovely, tasty food served in generous portions. Both drinks and food were very good value for money. Situated in 'back packer street' it's a lovely place to spend a couple of hours socialising.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This little street-side restaurant on the main drag (in the direction of the bus station) is worth seeking out. The owner/cook really cares about cooking and truly, the taste and quality of her fare is so much better than most of the restaurants around. Five out of five!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I checked this place out after reading a few reviews here. I was a little suprised at the size of the place - its basicly just a cafe and given the reviews here I was expecting an actual restaurant - I went for a Thai starter and a western main course and was genuinely knocked out by it. The presentation is pretty standard so dont expect anything on a Ramsey par but the taste of the food was melt in the mouth. Genuinely amazing food and my best meal here.

I tried to persuade the owner to expand and grow so she could sit more people and make more money out of this but she seems quite content with what she has. Not a bad thing I guess.

Anyway, very much recomended!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great food,nut is a fantastic cook and a great host,well worth a visit,thai and western food
you must try her home made chips they are just like my grandmother used to make