“The best Thai food and service we had in Thailand!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nut's Restaurant

Nut's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 171 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Hot to find my restaurant:The restaurant is located on the main tourist road, also known as "River Kwai Road" or, in Thai language, "Thanon Maenam Kwae". Starting from the center of the main road (near the "7 Eleven"), follow the road to the south, towards the "Allied cemetary". Turn the around the corner with all the bars and the "CJ" convenience store and you are already there!Hello and welcome to my restaurant!All food is homemade using fresh, natural ingredients and I try to cook as healthy as possible.Meat, seafood, fruit and vegetables are bought from village farms or our local market which I visit every day.I also use high quality oil. My fruit shakes, juices and lassies are without added sugar.Please note that I prepare everything myself and food may take a while if the place is busy. I ask for your patience, I think it is worth it :)Note that fish and crab are not in the menu anymore as they do not stay fresh for long and the demand is very low. Please let me know 1 day in advance if you want to have a fish or crab dish.Feel free to ask for the newspaper or WiFi password or charge your phone / laptop.You may also use my personal computer (if possible).Enjoy your stay!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Thai food and service we had in Thailand!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We ate here after reading the great reviews on tripadvisor. We came here for dinner on our first night in Kanchanaburi and then had breakfast, lunch and dinner here for the next 3 days!! Nut makes all of the food to order using fresh, local produce. Great, friendly service too! It's a must!

1 Thank KateArnold

• Thai first
“Great food and great staff”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We ate here after seeing this restaraunt on trip advisor. The food was great. We tried thai and western food on our first visit. It wa so good we came back the next day. The food is authentic, fresh and very asty and the staff and chef are brilliant. I would highly recommend visiting this restaraunt

Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful home-style food in Kanchanaburi”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a terrific Thai/Western style restaurant that you can locate on the left-hand side just before the "Chang Water Tower" on River Kwai Road, as you approach from the main street from the centre of town.

Nut cooks all of the food herself, using fresh ingredients sourced daily from the market. She takes great pride in her food, and it really shows in the dishes that are presented on your table. Wonderful flavours, generous serves, at great prices. I sampled both the Thai and Western food; both were exceptionally good. The chicken breast was the best I've had anywhere in Thailand - succulent, juicy and thick, with a REAL home-made mushroom sauce!

The menu is extensive for a one-person kitchen, although she has recently removed fish/crab dishes from the menu because she says that seafood does not remain fresh for long. This demonstrates her commitment to always provide fresh food to her customers. (If you want a seafood dish, all you have to do is provide 24 hours notice.) Being a one-person kitchen, and because everything is prepared fresh, the food can take a little while to arrive. But it's worth the wait - take your smartphone and use the free wi-fi, or have a couple of drinks with your friends to build up your appetite.

I ate here every day during my stay in Kanchanaburi. This little restaurant is superb.

• Visited December 2012
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“Customers realy matter”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Finally a place with friendly and accurate service combined with good food. Clear menu card, clean restaurant and clean modern toilet. You realy feel as an appriciated guest. As Nut is grown up in this area she can give valuable information about what to see.

• Visited February 2012
Umphang, Thailand
“Nut can really cook!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Nut can really cook! I wanted to convey this to other travellers and now I see that she is already number 1 in Kanchanaburi in TripAdvisor. I can confirm that Nut is a friendly, energetic lady, that the food is delicious and that the portions are generous. Not too spicy for my taste.
The restaurant is at the south end of Mae Nam Kwae Road, just past the intersection. I rented my motorcycle there too.

• Visited November 2012