Book In Advance
Tours from ElephantsWorld tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

1,903 results
All reviews elephants world sticky rice older elephants preparing food rescued elephants trekking camps mud bath amazing experience end of the day the river these beautiful creatures taking care elephant experience change of clothes once in a lifetime hard work ride elephants
Reviewed December 8, 2014

We had an awesome day together with our three children age 6, 8 and 10. Liked the idea that we for a change have to work for the elephant instead of the elephants working for us. The day was so full of experiences - we gave the elephants food, made sticky rice to them, went to the field to cut off plants for them and the highlight of the day was definitely when we went to the river and washed the elephants, played with them, swam with them and sat on them. We all loved it. The food we had for lunch was great and so were all the volunteers there. Don´t hesitate - this is definitely a place you should go.

2  Thank Robert M
Reviewed December 7, 2014

We visited Elephants World during December 2014. It goes without saying that the elephants really are beautiful and feeding and bathing them was great fun, however, there were aspects of the day which left a bad taste in our mouth. Namely, the volunteers running the day seemed unsure what was happening and therefore failed to communicate with the guests throughout the day. An itinerary should have been provided and there should have been one person responsible for leading the excursion. I agree with the previous reviews that the day feels like it should be shorter with unnecessary 'activities' (sticky rice making/banana plant gathering) being included to string things out so to speak. The overall feeling is that currently the running of Elephants World is unprofessional with too many untrained volunteers to provide the guests with an experience worth 2000THB. Whilst it is easy to point the finger at the volunteers, one cannot help feeling that they have been thrown in the deep end, with no permanent manager to provide them with direction/oversee the operation on a day to day basis.

Reviewed December 5, 2014

They just took you for one small round around the area. That's it! maybe only takes around 5 - 10 mnts only.

2  Thank MalaikatJalanJalan
Reviewed December 1, 2014

This place came highly recommended, but it was just a so-so experience for me.

The "staff" is actually a temporary group of young adults, mostly backpackers talking about past travels, who are only there for a month at a time. As I was told, they pay to spend their time there.

We were told at the beginning of the day that the owner would be by later, and that this was very exciting news. We never saw the owner, nor was he/she ever spoken of again. That felt odd to me. The payment process is all business. Not too many smiles or "hellos" from the woman handling transactions. Apropos for this place, but not usually the norm in Thailand.

None of the staff spoke Thai, and had to ask me to communicate with the mahouts, which I also thought was strange. They knew some basic facts about elephants, but we have heard more information being Thailand residents, and I actually told them some things they never heard. Odd. They also repeat a lot of the same basic facts about the elephants throughout the day.

After a very long and tiring day, the buffet food ran out as my family was preparing to eat. Normally I wouldn't complain, but we had paid for three adults and one child (not cheap) and were left with scraps.

We were part of the group that went out to the wilderness somewhere and cut down trees to bring back food for the elephants. This mostly seemed like busy work to kill time. The journey there was longer than the actual "work," then back in the truck for the long ride back.

At the end of the day is the feeding (which was pretty cool for my 6yo), and then getting in the water with the elephants (also cool for kids).

We spent a lot of time standing around at looking at the elephants. I think they should make it a much shorter day with less "do nothing" time, but of course that means they would have to charge less. Not sure that will happen.

Hope your experience is better.

3  Thank abroadliving
Reviewed November 27, 2014 via mobile

The elephants were wonderful, however I am currently writing this review as we are STRANDED ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD in Thailand, thanks to their pickup service. They were supposed to take us to the kanchaniburi bus station but instead left us with their "trusted mini bus service" who tried to scam us. We immediately called elephant world (at this point their truck is 5 minutes away) and they absolutely REFUSE to help, even though they stranded us in a foreign country in a town with no taxis. Avoid at all costs.

13  Thank mandyuxd