“Great!”

ElephantsWorld
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in Kanchanaburi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ElephantsWorld was founded in 2008 and is a sanctuary for sick, old, disabled, abused and rescued elephants, who will receive the rest and joy that they deserve. They can enjoy themselves in their own natural environment here until their last breath. At ElephantsWorld we work for the elephants, instead of them for us! As a visitor you get to enjoy very memorable experience with these beautiful animals. You can help us with taking care of them by feeding them, gathering food and bathing them.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Samut Sakhon, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have done elephant trekking before, regretfully, and was so happy to find this place. The elephants were happy and playful and had little to nothing restraining them. They staff was extremely knowledgable about the history of each elephant and explained everything thoroughly. Worth the money and the day trip just to swim with the elephants at the end of the day. The only thing I would change was the bit of time we stood around. All in all -- AMAZING. All the money is used to save elephants and that's what's important.

1 Thank Kyle B

Dorset United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Surviving Giants”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Elephant World Kanchanaburi - The Elephants appear to be content with their living arrangements. They were friendly considering what most of them had been though.
I would say overall my day was good, yet this is only because I enjoyed the elephants company so much.
Although each day may differ to my experience?! I would like to warn that the website is misleading, some of the experiences I was most looking forward too I did not get to experience.
The statement which guides you through the activities of the 1 Day Trip can be misleading.
I did not prepare food, nor did I cook sticky rice, I did not plant the food and most importantly I did not bath/scrub the elephants. Their idea of I quote '3.00 Take the elephant’s to the river for a
bath/ scrub them clean.' was incorrect.
I thoroughly enjoyed being up close to these genital giants, however sitting on top of one whilst the staff tapped the elephants using a small claw bothered me!
This to me was just showing that the elephants where being made to preform for us by dunking their heads under the water. I don't see this as bathing/scrubbing the elephants clean!? Obviously if you want to experience being up close to the elephants in Thailand I would without a doubt recommend an Elephant Sanctuary, because elephant riding/slavery would be much worse to experience if you are a lover of animals, but just be warned it might not be all you hoped for.

2 Thank Nixon24
Lichfield, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best day of the Holiday”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

you get a true feeling that the elephants here are possibly some of the happiest on Thailand, another tour I took in Kanchanaburi last time I left feeling uneasy seeing lots of scas on their necks from the mahoots using their little axe thing.

you get a whole day to help and watch the elephants just being themselves rather than being made to play football and perform tricks for tourists.

this is the only elephant place to go in kanchanburi!

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Burnt out from corporate America, sought refuge with elephants!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I needed some personal rejuvenation and found it with these gentle giants. Participating in such a worthy cause lifted my spirits and filled me up. Working for and then playing in the water with these massive and friendly elephants cannot be compared. The elephants show their appreciation 100% and are engaging and friendly and flirtatious!! I had both the incredible experience of the day and then after that I headed quietly to my beautiful bungalow and it was sooooo wonderful. Then the next morning I was up very early and had the opportunity to see and photograph these magnificent creatures quietly and majestically in their natural habitat. I spent 5 weeks in southeast Asia and saw people riding the backs of elephants elsewhere in small little circles and it made me nauseous and sad for both parties. If you want to participate in something beautiful with elephants then do it at Elephants World.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sandra A
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must see whilst in Kanchanaburi!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great day out, ample opportunity to spend time with the elephants - the swim with them at the end in insane!!! Well informed, happy guides. Lunch was very good. I rang them up directly and booked for the following day with no problem.

Visited February 2014