Prestigia.com
Destinia.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews rice barge colonial style junior suite the river hotel is beautiful floating restaurant hua hin breakfast buffet five star hotel family room main town swimming pool is tuk tuk kwai bridge hellfire pass thailand rabbits
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Perfect getaway from BKK for those who would like to spend their weekend by the river in the green zone and only 2 hrs. away from BKK by car.It's such a pity that this beautiful resort is not that full. The room is soo clean and well-designed. I was staying in the deluxe river view and I was highly satisfied with the view of the mountains behind Kwae-river.Only that there are trees which covers the beautiful view of the river and the disco barge which floating by from time to time and make a lot of noises.Breakfast will be completely perfect if they serve fresh juices instead. Since Kanchanaburi is so rich of good fruits and also if they offer some latte and cappuccino without charging extra. I would like to spend 4 days there next time if there are more activities inside the resort. Luckily we had our own car to drive around so it was fun.

Room tip: The garden view can also be very nice and more open to the green yard. You can get both river and pool view. I paid more for the river view, but I'd rather choose garden view next time.
Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank DubaiGoldie
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I'm a local thai who lives in kanchanaburi province. I stayed one night at the resort just to feel the atmostphere and check out the facility. Great place to stay over weekends for me and my family. I'm sure I will come back here whenever I have time.

Tony C.

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank TonyChin
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed for two nights and two rooms with our friends last June 2012 (its a low season)

1.) We were over charged in our food; they charged us 1,042 Thai Bhat, when we double-checked the price list of the room-service menu, it summed up only that our bill is 800 bhat.

2.) Upon check out the Receptionist arguing to us that we consumed two bottles of water, though we used only 1 of them. We need to go back to our room, which is far from the reception just to prove to the housekeeping who checked to our room.

3.) We were asked to, if we took a hanger from their cabinet. Because again house keeping staff can't find it.

We came from middle east, do you think we fly and stayed to your hotel just to steel your hanger, why is your hanger is gold?

I think the HK staff is still sleeping or dreaming, because all items can't find in the room.

End of all this hassle we missed our bus going to Bangkok

Even though the hotel is beautiful I dont think so that I will come back to this hotel and recommend to our friends because of th service that provided.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank MoNeilS
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We are living in Bangkok and wanted to see some sites near Kachanaburi. The hotel is convient to the Erawan Falls ( 1 hr ) and Kachanaburi town. Staff and service fantastic. We usually do not hang around the hotel but this was an exception. It was during the week and quiet and peaceful by the river. My son ( 9 ) loved the pool and we spent some time there relaxing and enjoying food service. The restaurant is good, prices are typical for resort food. The room was clean with nice balconly and view. We got the 2 twin beds which are really small doubles and big enough for the 3 of us.

Room tip: We had a few ants come in but they took care of it right away. It is Thailand after all.
Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Exotic, Thai-Style and Private...Service staffs are very nice, they take good care of us but I feel there are limited activites.

Date of stay: April 2012