“A great open environment.”
Review of Sabai @ Kan Resort

Sabai @ Kan Resort
Ranked #1 of 108 Kanchanaburi B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The way was set up was absolutely beautiful. My room was facing out to the garden and pool in a very open and welcoming environment.
The service was marvelous and the massages were cheap.
If I had to pick at anything I will say the beds were a bit uncomfortable, showers were hard to get the right temperature and the breakfast buffet wasn't to my liking but overall I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank yertletheturtle19

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We originally pre-booked 6 nights in this hotel..and stayed 19. Finding this hotel was one of my better travel coups! The staff defines hospitality. Every employee greeted us with a smile every day. Housekeeping was impeccable. Our beds were changed daily with freshly laundered and ironed bed linen. The stray fallen leaf in the garden was removed daily, pool was cleaned every morning...you notice the routine when you stay as long as we did. Our superior pool view room had a patio that opened onto the garden. It was a treat to enjoy our coffee outside in the cool of the morning and watch the resident rabbits playing in the garden. Our room had great a/c, minibar fridge, coffee/tea facilities, and safe. Breakfast is served from 7-10 am. The hotel location really is perfect. The River Kwai bridge is about a 10 minute walk if you turn left out the front door. The noisier bar/hostel area is about a 20 minute walk if you turn right. The owners, Paisan and Lek, invited my husband and I to join them for a staff dinner to celebrate their award from Agoda. They gave me a lovely wall hanging for my birthday, and Paisan even gave us a ride back to Bangkok, as he was headed into the city for a friend's funeral. The front desk can book any tours for you. Be sure to ask Apple for anything you need...she's great! There is a laundry service right next door to the left of the hotel and a great ice cream parlor across the street. On our previous trips to Kanchanaburi, we stayed at a popular resort on the other side of the river. It was a lot more expensive and didn't come close to the quality of our stay at this lovely hotel. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when we return to Kanchanaburi.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms on the restaurant side have shaded patios in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EllyM
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed at this lovely well located small hotel in March 2013, as part of a three day private tour of the Kanchanaburi area. Older style hotel but with warm and welcoming staff who were attentive to every request and enquiry. Clean rooms and surrounds. Onsite restaurant serving home style meals. Pool area in amongst lovely garden like grounds. Just a short walk to the Bridge on the River Kwai. Lots of local eateries and bars in the vicinity. The reception staff invited me to a staff dinner one night when my husband went down with a '24 hour virus'; very unexpected but a very sincere gesture on their part. Would recommend very highly for value, location and great staff!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I came into town by bus from Bangkok. I rode a taxi to this hotel and checked in. The staff was very friendly and spoke english very well. I was early so I had planned to ask them to store my bags and I would go get a motorbike, but my room was ready. The room I chose faced the pool and the grounds are like a garden. My room was large and clean, equipped with A/C and mini-bar, free Wi-Fi and a desk. The location is ideal as it is very close to the bridge and many food establishments. I missed breakfast the first moring but on the second day, I was suprised by the selection of Thai and western food available plus fresh friuit and juice. I asked the staff about taking a mini-bus back to Bangkok and they called and had it arranged to pick me up.

Overall, I was very pleased with my choice and you will be also.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank wayne757
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Nice well run small hotel/large guest house. Very helpful staff, organised tours + motorbike hire. Pool lovely at the end of a hot day. We had the 2nd floor standard rooms which were fine, large and clean. The more expensive rooms on the ground floor had small balconies over looking the garden and pool.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dru82
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very difficult to add to previous reviews. Sittuation,cleanliness,quality of staff,swimming pool,
all of excellent quality.would recommend as a good choice for this town. There is more privacy
In the upstairs rooms.Plenty of eating opportunities close by.Good with advice for onward journey
As well as local tours.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank robertcrom
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel is very well situated, 10 minutes walk from the Kwai bridge and train station.
20 minutes walk from the war museum and POW cemetery which is heart breaking !
All around the hotel are many restaurants, travel agents , ice cream shops etc.
The hotel is spotlessly clean, a good breakfast with choice of food. A beautiful garden and a small pool to cool you down after your trips.
There is a small restaurant service for guests who wish to eat in.
The bathrooms are good with strong water pressure, rooms have safes, and the bed linen and towels are changed every day ! Cable tv and hair dryer.

TIPs. Be careful when booking a room in Kanchanaburi. Many hotels are miles out of town and you need a taxi every time you go out.

Room Tip: I think the ground floor rooms are better. Have a room with no direct sunshine. Kanchanaburi is ver...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo