“Try the platter with the Blue rice”

Mangosteen Cafe and Books
Ranked #2 of 200 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Cuisines: Thai, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

There are quite a few restaurants on Mae Nam Kwae Road in Kanchanaburi. I suggest you make a stop at Nr. 13, the Mangosteen Café. If you stop for a meal and can't decide from the extensive menu, let me suggest: Try the chicken platter with the Blue Rice and other delicious items on the plate; you won't regret it.
We were three people and chose different dishes. All were delicious. You will find friendly and courteous service. Ask how the rice becomes Blue. It will surprise you.
Only time prevented us from coming back. Next time - for sure.

1  Thank PeterHuaHin_Thailand

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This place is a real gem in Kanchanaburi. I've been here a few times, for breakfast, for lunch and for dinner. I've been with a group and I've been with my better half, each time the food has been really good and the service has been really good. The menu is broad and has a large selection of western, Indian and Thai food. It's good value and it's got a nice chilled out atmosphere.

The selection of books is pretty good and it's very reasonable - 200 baht to 250 baht is the average price for a book here.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

On a typical, backpacker-type street, this quite simple-looking restaurant had both friendly service and good food. There is a lot to choose from on the menu, and a real range, including Thai, Indian and variety of Western dishes.
The prices are good and it's certainly somewhere we'd go back to.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I have eaten here twice among other places in kanchanburi. I had the mozzarella toasted chicken and salad baguette and my fiancé had the Thai red curry, both dishes were very tasty and good sized portions and we will continue to head there for the chicken and salad baguettes very delicious!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Many years in Trip Advisor lists but prices still reasonable & food still great. Books on shelves all around give a bit of interest to the visit.