“Best food and service in town!”

Mangosteen Cafe and Books
Ranked #7 of 182 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Cuisines: Thai, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have eaten here on several occasions over the last few weeks, and every time we have been delighted.

The menu is very extensive, there will be something to suit everybody's taste. They add their own twist to many of the options, which make it all the more tasty.

The staff are extremely welcoming and friendly, we really got the impression they love running this cafe!

The food is superb and not overpriced, i would highly recommend a visit here.

There are newer reviews for Mangosteen Cafe and Books

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My fiance and I were meant to eat in a different restaurant that evening but it was closed so we stumbled across this one and wasn't really expecting much! But we were wrong!

Very friendly service, good food, EXCELLENT fried minced pork appetisers! They were literally heaven! The quality was good and when ordering my curry I was asked if I liked spicy - to which i replied 'Yes - ENGLISH spicy though!' and when my curry came to the table it was perfect! Would definitely visit again if I was in the area.

1  Thank sarah_kitty_harris
Reviewed December 1, 2013

we ate here twice in six days never disappointed food was great try the mixed platter for two very nice owner is opening a bigger place round the corner near thai garden inn over the bridge good luck with that

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Amazing food- friendly and courteous service. The English book collection is quite impressive. The best food I had in Kanchanaburi for sure. Try the traditional Isaan food platter- simply delicious!!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We loved this small café, the lady who runs the place is very friendly, attentive and speaks great English. The food comes out quickly and their menu has some really interesting and unusual fusion food. Between us we tried Thai, French, English and Fusion food, all tasted great and was well presented. You can also buy books and if you finish and return it they will give you 50% back. All in all a very enjoyable eat