Boutique Raft Resort
  • Breakfast included
Duang Manee Resort(Kanchanaburi)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewserawan fallshellfire passthe rivercool waterserene viewfloating roomsingle bedwalls are paper thinsai yokamerican breakfastsuspension bridgefree internetclose to naturekanchanaburi provincestayed for two nightsthe room was niceswimming pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2013

After having stayed in Bangkok for a couple of nights, arriving in Kanchanaburi and seeing this resort was very pleasant. It is unique in the way it is actually located on the river (like a houseboat), which we thought was nice. As for the staff, they were extraordinarily helpful and we couldn't have asked for better service. We experienced the hotel's atmosphere as very peaceful and tranquil.

Something we couldn't help but to notice was that when the toilet was flushed, everything seemed to just disappear straight into the river beneath, without any sort of filter. Something we noticed that we didn't really expect was that it was very hard to get to see the attractions without using he taxi service provided by the resort.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I took my parents here for a night when we did a trip through Kanchanaburi, and it was absolutely phenomenal! The views were just spectacular, it was so quiet and peaceful, and it was just so breathtaking that we were on the water! The staff are very friendly and the food at the restaurant is very good. I definitely recommend this place.
Little tip- stay in the bungalows/chalets on the water. This is what this resort is all about! And another tip; if you stay in the honeymoon raft, be warned that people can still see through the frosted glass. My parents and I were sitting at the pool, which is close to the honeymoon resort, and the honeymooners walked past the frosted glass window and in their bungalow, not realising that we could see everything. and I mean everything ;)
It really was amazing though, and so affordable! I really recommend it!!

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms on the water. And remember you can see through any frosted glass :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

all the positive posts on here have stayed on the rafts and not in the main building.the experience is all about the rafts and what you see from all the photos is what you get total relaxation.we got our trips from the hotel to Erawan falls(a must do although too many tourists)another must do is hell fire pass.
an added benifit was the hotel gave us a FREE LIFT to the railway station which was five minuets away.so we took the old railway journey into kanchanaburi and had a night there.
such a great trip

Room Tip: make sure to book a raft room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This boutique resort is a slice of heaven on earth. Location is fantastic, peaceful and serene truly relaxing. Staff are very very friendly and helpful. Restaurant is great, well stocked mini bar and snacks. All tours are arranged at the resort using the best transport, nothing is too much trouble. No television, no internet, just peace and quiet.

A novel experience staying in a floating raft on the river kwai.

Room Tip: Highly recommend this resort, you won't be sorry.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed in raft quite for 2 nights,
- Reception were nice and helpful, answered the phone nicely, fast check-in, and arrange stuff as you need wonderfully. Restaurant staff are friendly, smiley, and helpful but they are not quite enough compares to the guests amount, and not seem to understand what you have ordered though.
- Minibar stuff is very cheap! as well as the room rates too.
- Resort's ambience is green and well-maintain. They provide checkers, books, movies, swings, and many cool spots to relax.
- Swimming pool, bridge nearby, fitness are under-renovation.
- The resort provides free shuttle bus from railway to hotel.
- Most food in the list are ok, accepts breakfast (it's bad).
- Kitchen/restaurant staff need immediate training. My husband ordered well done fried egg and here's what happen: first time, I ordered in Thai with clear simply statement "very well done and dry yolk", they served sunny side-up, second time, I requested them to fix it right away, they served the same one but flipped it like few seconds, so (I was a little pissed) I took the dish myself to the kitchen and ordered dry well done yolk, came out juciy yolk still. So I gave up with their unacceptbly POOR ability.
- Ants/bees are all over the restaurants, without staff's concerns. Also, ants are always ready to catch your food within seconds in the room.
- R3 has a very very very terrible smell at all time, whenever stepped in the bathroom, the bad smells are all over and still maid dont seem to care to get rid of it.
- There are B1, B2 next to reception and under restaurant (dont take it, even they are with bathtub and TV), raft kind on the river (no TV and with ants), R 1-12 (I think) each single raft has 3 rooms, G kind on the ground in the back garden for tour group, and some kinda honeymoon suites stand alone ( the most expensive kinds).
I will surely not visit here again, sorry.

Room Tip: Pick anything on the raft by the river: R 1-12, or honeymoon suite raft
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple