“Come for the visit, stay for the people.”
Review of Ban Sabai Sabai

and 1 more site!
Ban Sabai Sabai
Ranked #8 of 106 Kanchanaburi B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Denk made some of the best food I had eaten in Thailand and was an amazing hostess. When she noticed I had a cold and wasn't feeling the best, she made it her mission to nurse me back to health with home remedies of different soup variations. Forget moms chicken noodle, this is Denks Thai soup and it was amazing.

Would I come back? Heck, I'm writing this from the garden downstairs. I was supposed to leave today. Ain't gonna happen. I'm staying for a bit longer.

Jeff Charlot

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeffcharlot
There are newer reviews for Ban Sabai Sabai

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Not exactly next door to Kanchanaburi attractions, but the value for money, the extremely kind hosts, and the unique and charming huts make this stay well worth it. The bamboo huts are a unique experience for 1 or 2 people

Room Tip: The bamboo huts are a unique experience for 1 or 2 people
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Inner peace and tranquility you will find at this perfect home stay. From delicious food to cheap personal transport to even cheaper local transport. The owners are so helpful and you feel like you are back at home. The atmosphere is very relaxed and you never feel out of place.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Ban Sabai Sabai means you are with peace and harmony and this is the right place if you are looking for inner peace:) absolutely beautiful atmosphere and hospitality! we stayed for 10 nights and it was a great choice. You got local village just 7 min walk away ehere you can have fantastic meals just by the river, also a food market. Beautiful, layed back place to stay. The owners were very friendly and we stayed as friends, done some advetures together to eravan faterfalls etc. Owners are very friendly and akways went extra mile to make us feel like at home. Today is our last day in here, and we are very sad to leave this little paradise. Thank you do much! Jack&Kristina

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed in Ban Sabai-Sabai for one week. It is located not far from the major sights in Kanchanaburi though it has kept its local charm. Not far from Ban Sabai Sabai is a small village stretched out alongside the river Kwai embankment, in the evening we went there for local cheap and nice dinners. Sometimes we stayed out with the owners (Yves and Deng) to drink wine and talk about the Thai culture. All in all it was one of our best moments in Thailand. We had a big room with a terrace which gives an outlook over the garden. We loved it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The place was very clean and the room was confortable. The place is very nice and quiet. A wonderfull place to know kanchanaburi.

The hosts was very helpful, Yves and Deng allways were avalibles to help us.

The place is in the outskirts of kanchanaburi but that isn't a problem, you can rent a motorbike or a bicicle in the resort if you want, and if you want take a turistic tour to the naturals parks they will organice for you.

I definitely recommend the Ban Sabai Sabai Resort.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

In July I went for a three weeks trip to Thailand. On my own. To discover a new country, empty my head from a very busy year at work and fill it with new experiences, images and encounters. After a few days in Bangkok, I arrived in Kanchanaburi, where I was received by Deng and Yves in Ban Sabai Sabai. They took over the place a couple of months ago and are really doing a great job.
The resort is situated nearby a small village not far from the river, in the countryside, which allows great bike tours (bikes are provided by Deng and Yves). The rooms are cool, calm, very clean and nice, with a cute terrace. The garden with the little fountain is a delight.
An then there's the food... Deng makes a point of honour in serving her guests the very best Thai cuisine has to offer. Her papaya salad was the best I ever had. Which Yves serves with kindness.
But there's more: Deng and Yves are really trying to make your stay as nice as they can, help you out with transport or excursions, giving advice when you need it, etc.
Beside that, we really had great talks, because the both of them are great people with stories to tell, experiences to share, and yet discrete. One night we even went out all together for an unforgettable night in Kanchanburi. And when I had to leave to discover Ayutthaya, it felt like saying goodbye to a couple of old friends which I'd like to meet very soon again.
I would recommend Ban Sabai Sabai to any person wanting to experience what Thailand is about. If you're looking for a classical hotel in the city center or if you're in a hurry, you'd better stay in one of the other guesthouses in town. But if you want to lay back from it all, take the time to taste your trip in any possible way, go to Ban Sabai Sabai ad enjoy... Thank you, the both of you! I'll be back;-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo