“Clean, simple guesthouse”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kanchanaburi
Apple's Retreat by Apple & Noi
Ranked #13 of 114 Kanchanaburi B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This guesthouse is exceptionally clean and ideal if you want somewhere clean and cheap to sleep but don't plan to spend much time in your room. There are, however, absolutely no extras. Other places I have stayed at in Kanchanaburi for a similar price have included drinking water, shampoo and breakfast. The receptionist had no record of our booking or the fact that we had paid. We had a printed copy confirming we had paid and fortunately there was a room available. If you book on line it may be worth emailing them to confirm your booking. Breakfast was fine but quite expensive compared to other places. I always try to stay at Ploy guesthouse when I'm in Kanchanaburi as it's similar in price but far, far better. Unfortunately it was fully booked out on this occasion but Apple's was not a bad second choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jen186527

Reviewed August 3, 2012

this is one of the most welcoming and clean, tidy quiet places you will stay with great views, 10 mins walk from bridge and great access to local fun things to do.
the cooking classes are amazing and the tours they organise are great. have a banana pancake they are fabulous

Room Tip: choose an upstairs room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank H1000
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I had a fantastic time at Apple's retreat. I stayed for 3 nights, and I really wish it would have been a lot longer! Noi was exremely friendly and helped me with buses and tips for activities. The room was great value, spotless and I really felt at home. The highlight is the restaurant though, I never ate as amazingly aromatic dishes anywhere else in Thailand. I also did the cooking class, which was great fun! Going to the market and trying what you may not usually eat as such (e.g. all the spices and vegetables in uncooked condition) was the best about it. I can only say: go there!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 4, 2012

stayed there a couple of nights back in June. The reception lady is really lovely and made us feel very comfortable. the rooms are big and very clean. dont expect too much as it still is a guesthouse but it had all you need : hot water, nice beds, A/C...and the cleanliness was just perfect. The restaurant by the river was really quiet but we had amazing food there. plus we got to talk to one of the owner for a couple of hours, Noi, who's just really amazing and funny. She tells a lot about Thai food a culture and made us feel special. We wished we stayed one or two extra nights there as the surroundings of Kanchanaburi are amazingly beautiful. The guesthouse is located just a short 5 minute walk from the bars on the main touristy road accross the river , and its definitely for the best. Will surely go back if we ever go back to Thailand.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flavien g
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed at the Apple guesthouse and Retreat. There is another Apple Guesthouse in town, but currently it is 75% owned by other than Apple and Noi. The retreat is where they have the cooking classes and they have great meals. We thought the meals matched the prices in quality, but were more expensive than in the main tourist street. The rooms were aircon and tiled floors, clean and comfortable. There was no tv though although I never found a place that had a western station, so not capable of keeping up with the outside news. Our room could use a bit of attention though as the exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work and the sink was almost on trickle drain. We lived with it and did not ask them to clean it out. The air con was cold and the hot water heater was good.

The retreat is across the river from the main tourist area near the bridge; not the main tourist attraction bridge many come to se though. It is quiet there and not many people spend time gathering to chat at the hotel. The cooking school is next to the river just across the street.

Overall the place was reasonable for the price of 690 Baht. I would recommend this if you like to be comfortable and a little away from the main street. less than 2 blocks from the main street with all the restaurants and bike rentals.

Room Tip: There are 2 floors with all room doors facing west.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tws4nr
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

People don't speak english at all. I booked 3 nights and they ask me every single day if I was going to stay another day and saying I had to pay, as if I was going to steal or something.

I didn't like the service from the staff and it was really hard to comunicate with them since they don't speak english. They should be more helpful with the tours that they say they have cause even if its low season im still a customer and im paying.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Good clean rooms, good wifi, good food, friendly staff, nearest bar and 7-11 5 mins walk, town maybe 10 mins, no tour groups. Downside: no TV, fridge, soap, pool, bar, very basic room. Personally I would have liked the option of a better equiped room. For pure value for money (690 baht with aircon), location, friendliness it has to be recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family