“Great budget accomodation”

Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Kanchanaburi
Wolverhampton. England
“Great budget accomodation”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Tranquil, beautiful location, walking distance to the bars and restaurants. Choice of brick bungalows or floating bungalows on the river Kwai. Very basic inside with just a mattress on the floor, but waking up in the morning the views compensate for everything it lacks. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this if you like nature and beautiful settings.

Room Tip: The floating bungalow is perfect for budget backpackers. Ask for a towel on reception.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JulieRudkin

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kanchanaburi, Thailand
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had the cheapest room (wood cabana) on the river and it was soooo nice ! We wanted to book for more nights, but it was busy .

-Amazing view (by day and by night).
-The staff was very good : reception + cookers (but dont speak english)
-Great food and not expensive at all for a restaurant (breakfast incuded)
-Wifi
-Clean, no problems

I RECOMMEND THIS GUESTHOUSE SPECIALLY THE FLOATING ROOMS FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE NATURE and also there are normal rooms with fan

Room Tip: Floating rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at this place in October 2013. The rooms were basic, but clean and a great location on the river, HOWEVER......

The rooms are not very secure, being that they are on a busy river, and there are holes in the screen windows and just a padlock on a very old rickety door. So we decided to leave our valuables (laptop, passports and money wallet) in the hotel safe.

We left the valuables on Sunday afternoon when we arrived and we organised a cheap bus for Tuesday at 1.30pm to take us to Bangkok. We asked for our valuables at about 12.45pm when we arrived back from lunch and they said they would bring them to us in the restaurant. We were checking emails on the internet, and then realised it was 1.20pm and we still hadn't got our valuables back. My friend went to check and they brought us the laptop case. We check that we had passports and money wallet (containing $1500 Canadian in $20). All looked to be accounted for.

I then decided to count the money and we were $400 short! I went straight up to reception to report this and ask the receptionist (who had checked us in 2 days before and spoke PERFECT english). She then claimed she didn't speak english, and called the boss, who I spoke to and said she would come over.

I went back to the restaurant and mysteriously the internet had stopped working, thus preventing me from getting the tourist police number or the number for my travel insurance. Suddenly our transport arrives, and I asked the driver if he spoke english, he was about to answer me and the receptionist says something to him in Thai and he says NO ENGLISH! but that we had to leave on the bus NOW or we would have to wait till tomorrow and lose our money.

I ended up contacting my travel insurance, and they said I was not covered for loss of money, but I emailed the hotel and they said the standard they were looking into it etc.

Great location but not worth $400!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
12 Thank Lolaloo32
Oxford, UK
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

An idyllic location - could not have asked for a more peaceful place to stay (apart from the karaoke boats at the weekends!). We stayed in a floating house on the river - access was via a rickety little bridge! Breakfast was included and for the price we paid it was excellent value for money. Kanchanaburi town was great too - there were some very cheap places to eat. Also lots of trips available to WWII sites such as the Hellfire Pass.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank K8M8
Edlesborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Couldn't be closer to the water. I loved the location and friendly staff. My husband dropped his glasses overboard (2M deep at that point) and one fellow went after then even though it turned out he couldn't swim - now that is service! Bathroom facilities are basic to say the least but it is clean and cheap. Breakfast fruit was fab. Locality a little quiet in the evenings (except for the party barges floating past between 6 and 8 p.m. - If karoke isn't your thing I suggest this is the time to go out for dinner). Finally dawn chorus was beautiful, loads of wild birds, water clean and full of fish. Surprisingly not any bugs - I usually get eaten alive if there are! A natural beauty if you are happy to go with just the basics,

Room Tip: Go for the raft rooms - it is quite an experience and amazing views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ashley C
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My friend and I had a wonderful stay at in one of the floating rafts, it was as cozy as can be! Great location by the river, very quiet and great service! And surprisingly enough they cook the most basic but wonderful food. Could not be more satisfied.

Room Tip: The floating rafts have pretty hard mattresses but the feeling of it is far greater than good sleep!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TimothyGottlieb
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel is farther up the main road and set on the river. It is nice to be away from the bars and tourist scene and even better to be near the water. The value is great and the staff were friendly and helpful, they will even arrange a tuk tuk to take you to the bus station. The room was okay. No bugs, but the bathroom was small and more grungy than other places I have stayed. But for the price and location I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends