Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Hotels.com
$27
Fully refundable before Tue, Mar 12
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The staff were quite friendly and helpful. The raft rooms are okay but go up and down a little when a fast boat passes. The path to my rafthouse was under water in the evening,so check the water level before you take it. The bungalows are better. If you're there in a weekend and want to sleep early,don't forget earplugs or so, because of the passing karaoke boats. No hot shower but most of the year thailand is warm enough for a cold shower.

Date of stay: October 2012
2  Thank Katrien L
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We all loved it (my girlfriend, best friend and I). Definitely not for those like Maggie who want the high life. Large comfortable rooms with matresses but what do u expect for 200 Baht a room! Within walking distance to the bars. Actually on the river Kwai. Free WIFI. We are definitely staying for another few nights

Room tip: Call in advance. A bit far from the bus station.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
13  Thank madeinguiri
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I went to the bamboo house with my boyfriend wanting some peace and quiet after staying in Bangkok. And believe me I got it! Beware only stay at this place if you are a true nature lover and can handle sharing a bed with many creepy crawlies. I travelled Asia for 3 months and never got as many bites the whole time as I did the one night I spent at the bamboo house. The small huts looks quaint from the outside, but inside is very basic. Hard bed, one fan, very primitive toilet and shower covered in bugs, obviously no tv. The gardens are beautiful and it is right on the river which is also breath-taking. I don't want to say this place is the worst I just think people should consider carefully whether they will enjoy it. You would probably get less bites in a tent! Staff weren't too friendly and spoke basic english. It was very cheap to stay here so obviously price reflects accommodation.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Pugsandchimps
Reviewed May 28, 2011

This hotel is in a very good location on the river, but the rooms have been neglected and allowed to become quite dilapidated. I disagree with the reviewer who described this hotel as "modern" - I would call it "rustic". The mattress and pillows were hard and lumpy, and the sheets had seen better days. The bathroom was primitive (not a problem), but not particularly clean. The bathroom door had to be kept closed to keep the mosquitoes out of the bedroom, so it was hot and poorly ventilated. One wall-mounted fan provided breeze in the bedroom. Evening meals were not available, so we walked up to the main road. Internet was 40B/hour. The adjoining walls to other half of cabin were so thin you could hear their fan running! (and of course conversation)

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaggieKuching
Reviewed January 24, 2011

This place is discusting. The only thing going for it is the view of the river from the manicured gardens. The walls had so much grime and mould I was scared to breath in fear of contracting something. All this for an over priced 500 Baht. If I wasn't so dog tired after traveling to kanchanaburi I would have checked out straight away.

Date of stay: January 2011