“Nice pool but smelly bathroom”

Mida Resort Kanchanaburi
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Kanchanaburi
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Nice location if you plan to visit erawan waterfall. Lot of big tour group who stay for a nice. Nice swiming pool,garden and river side walk. limited choice on the menu.bathroom smell bad and the wall is thin so you can hear your next door easily. only one english chanel

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank fhon

Reviewed December 27, 2011

The beautiful and well manicured gardens are the only highlight of this resort. The room smelled mouldy, furniture in the room definitely saw better days, the bathroom was old and did not feel clean, the windows were dirty and full of spider webs and bugs!
The pool is very big but needs some repairs. Same for the beds and umbrellas by the pool.The bar by the pool was a joke: 3 bottles of spirit all basically empty, the beer fridge was locked and the security guard had to call somebody from the restaurant to open it.
This place could have big potentials as the location by the river Kwai and the surroundings are beautiful but it is not well maintened and has no character! We were there only 1 night while exploring the Erawan National Park area but I would have not stayed any longer. As soon as the 2 big groups of package tourists left early in the am, it was only myself and my boyfriend left on the premises and it felt like a ghost town!
The staff was so careless that they did not even ask our room # at the buffet dinner and we ended up eating for free. They did not ask if we wanted drinks, they just brought us two glasses of water.
The breakfast buffet was nothing to write about, with cold eggs and bland Thai breakfast items!
I would look for a smaller hotel in the area with a more friendly Thai spirit.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelmax71
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Good hotel no luxurious. Excellent for visiting national parks. 45 mins from Kanchanaburi. You will need private transportation for arriving there. Quite al relaxing area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oscbor
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We booked and prepaid 4 nights in the private pool villa. The pictures were amazing on the web site and it was described as 200m2 of luxury. We paid 4500 thb / night. Upon arrival we were quickly taken to our villa, given our key, and then they left without explaining any thing. The villa was not 200m2, but 36m2 with a small pool without steps or a ladder to get in or out of. My wife is disabled so she could not gain entry to the pool. Also 15 mins after checking in we discovered what appeared to be a large family group of about 12 taking family photos in our private yard around the pool. The bed was the hardest I have ever experienced in Thailand, the room was full of bugs and we had dozens of Gecko's inside the room. I know they are cute, but not in your bedroom, and the room and fittings were very basic, not 5 star as advertised. I emailed my travel agent immediately and they cancelled the remaining 3 nights. The next morning we tried to check out however they demanded another 5,200 THB to let us leave. Security were guarding our car so we couldn't leave. I had no option but pay another 5200 THB, This resort is run by a property company in Bangkok. It is clearly set up for corporate groups. It is also built around the 1970's so it is not modern. We love the area and visit every year. There are so many better resorts with fantastic customer service around the area at mush better prices.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GEOFF M
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is to the person commenting on the hotels location. How can anybody complain about the hotel's location is bizarre! It's in a gorgeous river vallay setting. I could sit by the river all day it's so peaceful and beautiful.

Room Tip: The normal hotel rooms are not very sound-proofed, so stay in one of the Villas if you can afford it...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Mida Resort is far away from the town, it's about 45 minutes traveled on the songthew, we paid 300bahts one way from the bus station. It is in a nice area close to the river. The resort is peaceful and quiet, the swimming is nice. We had lunch at the restaurant which was about the price we paid outside( but extra VAT and service was added) fair enough they are hotel. Breakfast is ok. Staff were attentive.

Our superior room was large than average in town. Bathroom has a bath and an outside shower.

At the lobby there's two free computer to use.

We had a walk around the resort, we enjoyed the swing by the riverside, we went up the tower and took some good pictures of the environment, we didn't go to the Erawan waterfalls, we enjoyed doing nothing and also had a good time playing with the dog( perhaps belongs to the hotel?)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This hotel is by far the worst I have stayed in, in a very very long time.
I am writing this as I am sitting at the bar where I have waited for a menu for the past 20 minutes (with 4 waiters standing around) and now that I have the menu (7 minutes ago) I am waiting for someone to take my order!!!
Ok firstly arrive at the hotel, costs about 700 baht from the centre of town by taxi, about 30 km.
After checking in (which the receptionist kindly told me it was abnormal for a girl to travel on her own) they take to my room via golf cart, which initially i thought was very nice but soon realised it wasdefinitely not a good thing.
The room, well I booked a suite, and well it was a suite but a dated old one that smelt very stale.
I decide this will have to do as I was late for a tour, so quickly got the laundry bag and called reception to ask for my laundry to be picked up, I was again kindly told by the same receptionist to bring my laundry to the reception in the bag provided.....most suprising as even the hostel I stayed in Bangkok provided door service!!!
Anyways after getting lost (due to lack of signage and distance from my room to the hote reception) I finally got there FIFTEEN minutes later!!
I then asked if I could hire a scooter (as it would be too expensive) to go back and forth, and they mentioned that I had to go back to downtown to pick one up. Again because of time restraints I ended up getting a hotel taxi (800 baht) hoping I can get to downtown and pick up my scooter and go to my tour. I made sure I told the receptionist to let the driver know to drop me off at a place I could hire a scooter.
He dropped me off at the bus station!!! He did not speak any English and when I found someone to translate he still didn't know where I could get one.
Anyways after pretty much dealing with everything myself I have just got back to the hotel (in my tented scooter) and asked the guy at the check in desk about the wifi, and why is it not available in my room when earlier on the receptionist told me I have it (and also one of the reasons why I booked the hotel). Anyways he didn't speak any English and thus mno wifi in room.
DONT BOOK THIS HOTEL IT REALLY IS THE WORSE
ABSOLUTELY NO VALUE FOR MONEY,
Considering I have a friend who is staying in a HOSTEL in the centre, paying 200 baht, which gives him his own bungalow by the river and wifi in his room.
I am absolutely disgusted!!!

Finally one last thing to add....... They have yet to take my order!!!! Currently now 3 people behind the bar laughing and doing nothing

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kanchanaburi
Felix River Kwai Resort - Kanchanaburi
#3 of 6 in Sai Yok
X2 River Kwai Resort
X2 River Kwai Resort
#5 of 81 in Kanchanaburi

Been to Mida Resort Kanchanaburi? Share your experiences!