“The only good thing about this place is the view....”

Floating Restaurants
Ranked #109 of 184 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Capitalising on the 'Bridge over the river Kwai' theme, the service is indifferent, the food average and the prices excessive.

Save your money and spend it at one of the other better alternatives in Kanchanaburi.

1  Thank Bazzoir

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We arrived in Kanchanaburi, around 3pm, after a very long travel day and just wanted a cold beer and something light to eat. This restaurant was right on the river with a fantastic view of the Bridge over the River Kwai...so in we went. They seated us fairly quickly and brought menus. We ordered cold beers and some food. The beers arrived quickly, then we waited, and waited, and waited...while the staff laughed and joked with each other. We finally got someone's attention and asked about the food. They returned shortly with my food, which was barely warm, but I was hungry so I ate it....my husband's food still hadn't arrived. By the time we got their attention again I had finished eating and he hadn't been served. They came with his food and it wasn't cooked, in fact it was downright disgusting. He called for the check and told the waitress the food was inedible....which led to a whole attitude issue. My husband said 'just charge me for the food so we can get the heck out of here and go somewhere else'. They then practically had a staff meeting, taking 10 more minutes to bring us a check. They had taken his food off the bill but by that time we were so PO'ed, who cared, we just wanted to go get something to eat somewhere else. I gave it two stars solely for the view, the food and service don't even merit one star. Skip this place there are tons of good restuarants in Kanchanaburi, but this sure isn't one of them!!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was seated at a table that looked directly out at the bridge on the Kwai. Beautiful day; superb view; lunch buffet was average. I sampled several different fried fish dishes, pad thai, and a variety of other offerings - it was a bit heavy and nothing was very spicy. Dipped into a good helping of the small peppers set aside on a small table and finally got a good sweat going - the peppers may have been the best part of this meal. A variety of fresh fruits were also good. Instant coffee was slightly nostalgic but not exciting. I would primarily recommend the view.

1  Thank fred200099
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just spent two weeks in Thailand, earthing all over the place from street stalls to 5* - and this was the worst meal we had there.

Bad food, inattentive staff - it was easily the worst. The location of the restaurant, however, is fantastic - right on the river almost beneath the River Kwai bridge. So go there for the view perhaps, but try not to eat anything!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The view from the table is great, but the food is very poor. Oily, overcooked and one of our dishes had an egg that looked like it had been cooked the previous day. Save your money and eat at the street stalls.