All reviews no lift poor communication nice hotel ate here few minutes walk river kwai great pool clean rooms swimming pool english guests amenities bicycles apple
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Some of the reviews mentioned poor communication, lack of staff, bar/restaurant not open. So I tried to book via their website and had a question, emailed them no response. I then booked through Bookings.com but had a question about transportation, emailed them no response.

So the hotel may be as described by others but the lack of communication gave me no confidence so we've now cancelled two rooms and will book elsewhere.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

The Glory River Kwai Hotel was a wonderful place to spend a few days.
It is a small and very stylish hotel on the banks of the River Kwai, a beautiful location 5 mins from the main restaurants and attractions.
The staff speak some English and were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
They have free bikes for guests and
the complementary breakfast was also very good.
Highly recommended

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2019

I loved this hotel, everything about it! Cannot find anything bad to say. The staff - especially Am and Mon - were wonderful. So friendly, so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Even though their English is very basic we always got there in the end. They always made the extra effort. I also liked the position of the hotel, just out of town over the bridge, about a ten minute walk but in a much quieter area. My room was on the ground floor (which I preferred as there is no lift) with a great view over the river. The pool was lovely, also overlooking the river. There are a few restaurants nearby, only a few minutes walk. The only little thing - if there has to be one! - is that the mattress was quite hard, but that is of course a personal thing. What I also appreciated is that they picked me up from the railway station when I arrived because they 'had to be in town anyway' so that was very nice of them. A great place, would definitely return!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2019

The hotel is pretty decent but i t is the little details that just didn't give us that very satisfactory feeling. We had to wait 20 minutes before we received at the front desk and could start the check in process, Mold in the room (probably some old leakage). Lukewarm bad coffee at breakfast but we could order some proper coffee from the menu at cost. A sewage smell in the bathroom. The location direct at the river is really nice I have to give them that.
I would have given 4 stars but with a fairly high price you just do not get enough money's worth

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2019

The situation of the hotel is perfect, a lovely riverside location and the town is easily accessible by foot or tuk tuk. There are a few good restaurants within a few minutes walk. The rooms are clean and spacious with a small balcony overlooking the river, the beds are very firm. The staff are very pleasant and willing to help, however, we did have some communication issues as they did not speak or understand very much English which unfortunately resulted in us having to change our plans for sightseeing. There was a good choice of dishes at breakfast and everything was freshly cooked. Generally the hotel needs a bit of attention, some of the decking around the pool needs replacing, there were tiles missing around the pool, several of the sun loungers were broken and the bicycles need a good service. There did not seem to be any evidence of a manager in control, which I feel would have been a benefit as I think that with a bit of leadership and direction this could be a really great little boutique hotel.

Date of stay: February 2019