“Lovely place great fishing.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hua Hin
Hua Hin Fishing Lodge
Ranked #2 of 218 Specialty Lodging in Hua Hin
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Lovely place great fishing.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had three days here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The lakes are surrounded by shady trees and attractive to look at. The fish are big and in excellent condition, none of the ones I caught had a mark on them. One concern I had, not having fished a venue like this before was that it would be too "easy" - not so. We caught lots of fish each day, but as in a natural lake there were times when they were biting freely and others when it was a bit quieter. My biggest fish was a Siamese Carp of nearly 41Lb, my favourite was a beautiful Juliens Carp, one of the best looking fish I have seen, and we caught lots of other Carp, Rohu, Pacu and Catfish. I enjoyed the carp so much I didn't get around to trying for an Arapima, but saw several caught by other anglers. The guides were friendly and efficient, baiting, unhooking and giving advice. My other concern was that my wife would get bored and I was prepared to go into town for part of the day, but again not a problem, good WiFi meant she was quite happy in the shade with her tablet and a cold drink and joining in with the fishing from time to time. The staff were also all very friendly which helped. The food in the restaurant was very good, proper Thai. Also The Full English Breakfast - something that we would normally avoid like the plague in Thailand, but having had a good few beers the night before and a long day travelling ahead it seemed like the thing to go for and it was very good indeed, you would not find better bacon or sausage anywhere. The rooms were good, clean and comfortable. In short, a fun and very relaxing few days. We will return next year.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JerrySom
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thanks for the review JerySom – glad you appreciate good fishing and not just ‘catching’. It’s why our fish are in such good condition as they do not suffer from overstocking, whilst still being plentiful enough to provide a day’s fun. The Julien’s Carp are some of our prize possessions, being a critically endangered species according to the WWF – it’s good that we can keep them for folks to see. We added the Wi-Fi a year or so back – it makes for providing a pastime for those not fishing. Glad you liked the food and sampled the Full English Breakfast – one of the joys we can offer to compliment the accommodation. Look forward to seeing you again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
blackpool, lancs
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been going to Hua Hin Fishing Lodge for several years and went twice during our recent holiday. The venue is especially clean and well maintained, the fish stocks varied and well kept and the guides there know their jobs.

On my 2 recent visits I caught Pacu, Stripey Catfish, Siamese Carp, Red Tailed Catfish and what I went for ... an Alligator Gar.

Like other reviewers, I went on the 3500 baht day package which includes 2 rods, bait, soft drinks, lunch, guides and return transport. There's no guarantee that you will catch but that's fishing for you and the surroundings are relaxing and the food delicious. The ladies there even offer massage now should your non-fishing partner like one.

Room Tip: Rooms are available although we have not tried these
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Angie and thank you for your kind review. It's good to see customers returning every year - we must be getting it right. We try very hard to maintain our standards and it's nice to know that this is appreciated. I know that you and your partner have already experienced an Arapaima, so I'm not surprised that you targeted Alligator Gar on this occasion. Well done and thanks again
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Booking was easy via the website, me and my wife were promptly picked up from our hotel at 0830 and taken to the lodge by Terry the owner. Once there we had opted for the day package which included our lunch, non stop drinks, fishing bait, two rods our guide and hotel pickup and return.

All of the Thai staff here are very polite and helpful and our fishing guide was absolutely outstanding - helping me to bag the fish of a lifetime!

The morning started off brilliantly with the person next to me bringing in two Arapaima's and myself landing three Giant Mekong Catfish ranging between 20 - 25lb. After a tasty lunch we were back to fishing for a bit of a slow afternoon (as with most fishing), but as the day cooled and the fish switched on I hooked and landed a smaller nuisance fish which I was happy for my guide to take for dinner, then a 36lb Giant Siamese Carp and my own 70lb Arapaima!
Overall this was one of the best days fishing I've ever had for 3500 baht and my wife even enjoyed coming along for the day for 500 baht (non fishing cost).
Thank you very much to all the staff here for such fantastic day (pics to follow).

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thanks for your review - very much appreciated. I was a little concerned when the guy next to you caught 2 Arapaima within an hour or so after arrival - especially as you had told me that catching one was hopefully to be the highlight of your trip. Then another was caught by a different customer and frankly I thought that your chances were getting very low - as 3 in a day is not very common. Then - after getting your good Siamese Carp, you surprise everyone and get your Arapaima! Well done! I'm very pleased that you and your good lady enjoyed the visit.............
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Spent a day fishing on New Years Eve 2013. We purchased the day package which was all inclusive: 2 ponds, 2 poles, bait, fishing guide, lunch, soft drinks, water, tea, cofee and transport to and from hotel in Hau Hin. If you are palnning on a full day of fishing, I would reccommend the day package: 2 pond/ 2 pole vs one pond/one pole. It's obvious, but you do enhance your chances of catching more fish. The results ... We caught about 2 dozen fish bewteen two people. We caught different species of fish: Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp and Arapaima. The one Carp and two Arapaima we caught put up a good fight and took about 10 minutes to reel in. What fun! The ponds are well stock, well kept and the fish are in great condition. Even though the ponds are well stocked, there is no guarantee you will catch fish. That's fishing. It just happened to be our day! Our guide has sometihing to with that. He was attentive and helpful on where to fish in the ponds. We had Thai Food for lunch. It was very good with generous portions. All in all, it was a very relaxing and eventful day. Thank you!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mr P
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Mr. P - Thank you for your kind review, it is much appreciated. I remember your visit well. It was one of those rare days that the fish did not want to cooperate, but somehow you managed to entice them. Happy that you had a good time and a lot of fun, and happier that you have told Tripadvisor about you experience.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We arranged a day package to the fishing lodge. Cost included pickup at our hotel (which was very punctual), all equipment, assistance from staff, lunch and soft drinks and water. Also included return tour hotel when we were reedy to leave. There is nothing posh about this place. It is about 15 minutes out of Hua Hin and consists of 2 stocked fishing ponds. There is plenty of shade and seats and the guys there were very helpful. We had great fun catching a variety of different sized fish, the larger being a 15 kg Siam Carp and the famous Arapaima! No idea what that weighed but it was a big boy! Our package included lunch which consisted of a great choice if Thai or Western dishes. We stuck with Thai food and it was excellent. More than enough for us. You can do this trip more Healy by getting a taxi to take you to the lodge and then hiring your equipment when you die. You can then buy lunch, soft drinks and alcohol if you want to. The package was just convenient for us. This was a no stress,no hassle, relaxing and fun day. Very much enjoyed it and would recommend as something a bit different. I just wish the lodge would improve its marketing. They were hard to find and the hotels don't seem to know much about them. We used our hotel staff to assist with the bookings due to our very limited Thai.

Stayed November 2013
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you Neecey T for your feedback - it is much appreciated. We are happy that you enjoyed your day and took advantage of our package deal. Your comment about taking a taxi and hiring rods, buying lunch etc separately is noted. However, if you add up the separate elements of the package you will see that it is extremely good value for money. Nevertheless it is up to our customers how they wish to spend their day, we only strive to make it easy for them to enjoy. As for marketing - well - responding here on Tripadvisor helps tremendously - thank you for taking your time to tell us of your experience.
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Two small ponds immaculately kept offering a great days holiday fishing. We caught around a dozen fish each but hooked and lost more. Best of the day was a 40lb Siamese carp to my wife Elaine, plenty of catfish to 20lb, a lot caught off the top. Saw a couple of Arapaima caught and landed by another angler of around 80lb each. Should mention the food and service which were excellent, it's just as described on the website. If your new to angling then this is a great place to start, just don't try to replicate it in blighty!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you '5269' - delighted that you enjoyed yourselves, and thanks for the compliments - much appreciated
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a real great days fishing at hua hin fishing lodge caught some lovely fish , Mekong catfish , siemise carp had some great food the guide was a great person , all in all a good day . I've uploaded a few pictures also I forgot to mention the owner was a great guy made the time to come and talk to me and my family

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Steven P
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you Steven, your review and feedback is much appreciated - glad you enjoyed your visit to us.