Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I chose Dune because it claims that it is the design hotel, so that was pretty much what I set my expectation on. I stayed in deluxe room, room#2, and I can't find any bit of a design detail in the room! It's so simple and mainstream. So disappointed. Only the staircase and dinning/breakfast room that I found that there was a little of the effort in putting some uniqueness. But that's not enough for me though.
If you don't care much of a sea view, or even a walking-distant beach, private swimming pool, a wide range of breakfast, and most definitely, the design, you probaply consider Dune.

Room tip: room #2 has spacy balcony, but the view is not enjoyable anyway.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank designlover222222
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The boutique hotel details of this place do not disappoint. I loved the design down to the decore, furniture, and room set up. The large patio with comfy daybed and view of the ocean makes for wonderful lazy afternoons reading or daydreaming. The bathroom is larger than the sleeping area of the room -- with double shower head that felt like Westin's "heavenly shower", huge tube, and separate dressing / vanity area. The rooftop of the hotel is a cute bar / restaurant area with more daybeds another floor up. Also, the air-con works well and there are a couple cute cafes within walking distance.

The execution of this zen design sometimes lacks (the tub fills up so slowly, it took 1/2 hour to fill it quarter of the way up), the liquid hand soap smells wonderful, but the dispenser doesn't work, there's a TV with DVD player and stereo, but 1/2 the channels don't work (I was able to get CNN, BBC, and 1 - 2 English movie channels, but most other cable channels of interest to me were not functioning yet).

The food was great. I only ate there for breakfast, but it was substantial and well done. Eggs of your choice, fresh fruit, they offered salad when I said I didn't eat meat, fresh juice, coffee / tea, and breads. They also serve a warm muffin that tastes like a soft chocolate chip cookie...yum!

Except for the manager, the staff doesn't really speak English, but they attended to all my needs right away with some simple hand gesturing. The staff was charming really in their smiles, quick service, and overall desire to make my stay pleasant.

Would stay here again if the price is lower than the big luxury resorts. If it's in a similar range, you might get better value at one of those.

Room tip: I stayed in the "Deluxe"...it was huge, but the space was well used. Rooms 2 (Deluxe) and 3 are on the 1st floor -- can see part ocean, part trees from the balcony. Rooms 4 & 5 are on the 2nd floor -- so perhaps an even better view of the ocean. 3rd floor is the restaurant / abar / access to rooftop. Not sure where Room 1 is.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank explorergirl00
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights in June 2011. It’s a small but really nice place with a modern atmosphere. The rooms a furnished and equipped in a high standard. You have TV, Sat, DVD, iPhone Dock, surround sound. The restaurant on the 4th floor is small but very relaxing and the food is very good although a bit expensive (compared to standard thai food).

The pool on the rooftop is really small, but you can use the pool next to the owners house, which is great! The beach is nice but I doubt that anybody is swimming there as there are rocks in the sand.

I want to point out specially the excellent service! The staff was extremely helpful in organizing our stuff. They even picked us up when we had a flat tire and organized a new motorbike for us. Also they told us the address of the next laundry service as we didn’t want to do it in the hotel because it was too expensive. (50 Bath per Shirt… we paid 160 Bath for the laundry of a full week).

I can highly recommend the hotel!

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Gerhard79
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We spent one week in Dune in April 2011. Hotel is a small boutique hotel with only 5 rooms. We stayed at Dune Suite (room one). Room was beautiful and nicely decorated. And of course own private pool was a real gem! Although pool is very small but really refreshing. Private pool is only in Dune Suite.

The roof restaurant is very sentimental. We ate lunch twice there. Thai chicken with basil and rice. It was OK. They had happy hour for hotel guests from 5 to 7 pm (buy 1 get 2 coctails). At least at lunch and happy hour time the place was very quiet.

The breakfast was possible to have either in room or in restaurant. To be honest we expected a little bit more (for example fresh fruits), but after all it was okay.

Service was very good and the staff was kind and helpful. Their English was not very good, but it didn´t matter. Anyway our demands and questions were completed.

Hotel is situated 1,5 km away from city centre. It´s easy to walk or 100 baht by tuk tuk. It´s very close to beach (only 1 min walk, around 50m). You can ask hotel staff to carry sun beds to the beach for you. There is also a nice pool, which is available for the hotel guests, opposite to the hotel.

Conclusion: Very nice luxury living in a quiet area close to all amenities and restaurants!

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank mAri40520
Reviewed September 21, 2010

While driving from Samui to Bangkok decided to take an overnight break and stumbled on this little gem. Only 6 rooms but still has all the personalised service and rooftop restaurant & bar with great views. The room was very comfortable and well designed with all the 'mod cons' one expects from 'boutique accomodation. Next time I am stopping in Hua Hin it will be at this little gem.

Date of stay: August 2010