“Great value for local cuisine”
Review of Jek Be-Ak Seafood

Jek Be-Ak Seafood
Ranked #85 of 861 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed May 28, 2019

As we came reasonably early about 5.30pm, there was no need to queue up despite the restaurant already heaving with diners. I visited a year ago, and thought I had to bring my husband there this time around. For a meal which consists of prawn vermicelli in a pot, soft shell crabs, Tom yum goong and stir fried asparagus with squid with drinks for the 4 of us it came up to a grand total of THB 800. The prawns were huge too. Service ways good, I mean we weren’t expecting 5 stars for what is basically a local coffee shop, but the girl who served us was lovely. We’re so glad to have ended our last dinner of our holiday with a good meal to remember by after having had lackluster and horribly expensive food the day before at another reviewed restaurant up the road.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

Its a great food here and first time having dinner at Hua Hin Town

You need to start queue early evening between 1700 Pm before their open shop at 1730 Pm to 2000 Pm -Daily

Its a nice food such like SUKI POT THb 170 and Prawn noodles THB 170 and rest was average such like Satay Pork - 20 pcs THB 200 and Omelette Carb THB 170

You need to order fast and serving food was fast to us

I will said highly recommended to everyone come to Hua Hin Town

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Brian888KL
Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

Food is not good at all. There are so many better and cheaper places in Hua Hin. This place is hyped up because of the que they have every day and it's on the main road. Service wise it is very bad. They will make you move seats with plates in your hands while you are in middle of a meal. We saw this happen to 5 tables in a span of 15 minutes. It seemed very rude and inconvenient. Not recommended at all.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 20, 2018

Being unfamiliar with Hua Hin my wife and I spent the early evening wandering the streets around the pier area and passed this place several times on our meanderings. Each time there was a queue outside, always a sign of good food for me. So a mental note was taken for another evening.

Another evening came and we headed to To Jek Be-Ak for dinner, about 18.45. We were seated by 19.00 and an order placed by 19.15, I do like to look through a menu several times before settling for what I always order first time in a new restaurant!

With myself being ferrang and my wife Thai it can be a problem ordering Pet Pet, the assumption being the I cannot handle the chili but after ten years I need the heat.

It was then that my wife noticed the 20.00 closing time. Really? In Thailand? A little shocked but thinking along the lines of 'last orders and finishing time' I was not concerned.

The food arrived pretty quickly. A simple Pork with Basil, Tom Yum Seafood and a steamed Snapper with garlic and lemon. All were beautifully cooked and all the dishes were wonderfully hot hot hot. The Tom Yum was, with the exception of my wifes, possibly the best I have tasted. Better than average Pad Kra-Pao Mo and a fish suitable for royalty.

However, within ten minutes tables around us were being removed, a table of four who came in shortly after us were ushered outside the moment their food arrived. Five minutes later we to were politely offered a seat outside.

No sooner had we moved floors were mopped, tables removed and shutters down. Within a few more minutes the outside tables began to disappear and the pavements were being sluiced with buckets of water.

Hint taken !!!!!!

We hurriedly finished our food and payed and left.

Such a shame.

I understand places have closing times so i wish we had come earlier as the food was excellent but if you close at 8pm, and they do close at 8pm promptly, then do not take orders at 7.30pm. If you do then at least allow your customers time to relax and enjoy the food without, literally, having you seat taken away form under you.

If you are not prepared to wait the extra ten or fifteen minutes then stop serving at 7pm! My guess id that they always have a queue so simply do not give a f***.

Five out of five for food and value, two or less for service.

in short exceptionally good food but not a pleasant experience.

Shame.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 15, 2018

The food is sooooo good that we return to this place twice for breakfast!
We went early at 6.30am to avoid the crowd, which usually start at 7am.
Tried the fish cake, shirmp roll, noodle with pork based soup, rice with pork based soup and chicken rice. All are equally delicious.
Didn't go dinner though, can't comment on that.

Date of visit: November 2018