“Excellent vibe and food”

Anantasila Villa by the Sea, Hua Hin
Ranked #4 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
Bangkok
“Excellent vibe and food”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My experience of Anantasila has been simply excellent. Things worth noting are the quality of food, the service, and the quiet beach.

Admittedly the hotel is not situated in the bustle and hustle of Huahin, but that is exactly what I wanted for a relaxing weekend away from the city. Going into town only takes around 10 minutes by car. The stretch of beach that the hotel sits on is right behind a hill of rocks that shields you from any noise from other properties and makes sure that the beach is blissfully peaceful.

I highly recommend the place!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank chainv5
Jimmy R, Manager at Anantasila Villa by the Sea, Hua Hin, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear chainv5,

Greeting from Anantasila By the Sea, Thank you so much for your nice comments for our hotel, we are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and your comments for our hotel will be informed around the world to many travelers to know more about Anantasila.
Thank you & We are looking forward to welcome you on your next visit to Anantasila Villa by The Sea .

Kindly Regards
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The title explains it!!!!! This is the best hotels i've ever stayed in. I can't complain about anything, the experience was great.
As we drove into the street, it was looking like it wasn't going to be very good, and then in the driveway, i thought the little villas was it. To my surprise, once i got to the front desk, i was astonished by how beautiful the hotel was! Everything was picture perfect.

The best thing about the hotel were the people and staff. Everyone was so friendly to us and made sure that we were having a good time. I would definitely go back to the Anantasila just because of the people.
I was lucky in my experience that there were other nice guests staying at the hotel when we were there. Now i know people from around the world.

The hotel was in a nice position on the beach. Also close enough to walk to different restaurants.
Just by looking at some of the pictures gives you an idea of the hotel.

My experience staying at this hotel was great and will be recommending it to many people.

5 Thank Elyse M
Dear Elyse M,

Greeting from Anantasila By the Sea, Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience about Anantasila Villa by The Sea at Tripadvisor. We were very delighted to read that you have enjoyed the service, customer relation and friendliness of all of our staff and I shall certainly congratulate them personally. It was also gratifying to read your other comments about the property.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to the pleasure of your next visit to Anantasila.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and i have just come back from the Anantasila having stayed there from the 20th September to the 26th September and we both wish it could have been longer. I write this review while everything is still fresh in my mind. As it was our anniversary i emailed the hotel to ask for a nice bottle of Rose to be chilling in my room when we arrived and it was, apart from the quick check in this impressed me. The room was large clean and overlooking the biggest swimming pool i have ever seen at a hotel, we both thought the fridge in the room was a nice touch and the two bottles of water we received free every day was most welcome. The hotel was recommended to us and we are so glad we used it, the staff are lovely and most willing, the hotel itself is spotless and the access to the beach is superb. The breakfast buffet is very good and the lunch and dinner menu extensive. I leave the best till last, Bruce the General Manager has to be one of the nicest men i have ever had the pleasure of meeting, my wife and i warmed to him immediately and appreciated the time he gave us and the advice on the area which helped us have one of the most enjoyable holidays ever. As i said at the start unfortunately it was only a short visit but we will most definitely be back and have no hesitation in promoting the Anantasila to anyone. If you are looking for an Oasis by the sea, look no further.

Room Tip: A room with a pool view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Adrian T
Dear Adrian T,

It was a great pleasure to read your comments about your stay at Anantasila Villa by The Sea on Tripadvisor, I shall share your good comments with all staff and We would like to thank you for chosen Anantasila for your stay. We appreciated your well pointed out comments regarding our room as well as our friendliness staffs.
We and Mr.Bruce look forward to the pleasure of your next visit in Anantasila Villa By the Sea.

Best Regards,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2013

First the positives. The gardens are delightfully well kept and have wonderfully vibrant orchids flowering in colourful bunches. The reception area is clean and well presented. The pool area is lovely and central. The hotel fronts on to the beach and there are numerous water activities such as tubes being dragged by jet skis, horse riding on the beach and massages (none associated with the hotel) available. The management of the Anantaslia really tries (we'll come to that later) However . . .

We elected to pay the extra rate and stay in the pool villa (these are two stories with 2 bedrooms and have a little private pool). The furniture is worn and tired. The pool is grotty. The bed was surprisingly uncomfortable; as with most people we prefer a hard mattress - but this was just rock hard uncomfortable - imagine lying on compressed straw bales with a sheet drawn across the top. The Villas are designed poorly. We were kept up very late by the holiday makers in the next villa chatting in their living room (which butted on to our bedroom). The poor design of the buildings, the lack of any insulation or double bricks between the dwellings meant that we had the pleasure of listening to our neighbours' conversations and laughter late into the night. When we decided enough was enough we tried to call reception. There is no "hotel information booklet" in the villas and the button coded for "reception" did not work nor did any other "coded" button. We had to get dressed and trek up to reception. I won't bore you with the dreary details but two treks to the reception later, a visit by the duty manager to our bedroom to listen for the "noise" , a phone call (once we knew the number) to reception later to follow up the outcome all resulted in the final declaration of the duty manager : "they don't answer their telephone when I call them and they have the "do not disturb" sign on their door so I cannot ring their door bell !!!!!!" I was thoroughly unimpressed. I advised the duty manager that we would not paying for the night. The next morning we left two nights into our three night stay. The Hotel manager was a most amiable and kindly man and to his immense credit, was most apologetic. He offered us a free night's stay in the future to make up for the experience.
Other bits worth mentioning are: The breakfast is a very poor selection and quality for western standards. The actual hotel is a "dog hotel" - one of those bring your dog along with you affairs. The beach in front of the hotel has several "Warning jellyfish" signs posted to the palm trees. I even asked the staff who confirmed that the jelly fish are of the stinging variety. This put our young family off any water activities. The horse riding team (nothing to do with the hotel) charge according to whim. We were quoted 300THB for 30 minutes one day and charged 300THB for 15 minutes the next day and had a most displeasing experience of having the horse handler "whip" the poor creature constantly to force it to walk / trot faster. I would not at present recommend this hotel for a stay. I believe the management is trying to improve it (as was evident from the construction scaffolding and areas with peeling paint being re-furbished) but this as it stands is very poor value for money. Have a safe trip.

1 Thank ssharris_75
Dear Sepideh H,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor, your comments are all important for us to consider.

First of all, we would like to apologize that the experience you have been received during your stay with us does not meet your expectation and we are unhappy to know that you were not satisfied. The management team have informed the concerned departments about your comments and rest assured that this will not be taken lightly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We will appreciate to have another opportunity to accommodate you in the future at Anantasila Villa By the Sea.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was at Anantasila in July. First thing I noticed when I walked to the reception are the orchids. So colorful and beautiful. From the reception I can see the sea and the wide beach. The swimming pool was large (50 meter long) or almost. The bed room was large, clean and comfortable. Their restaurant is open air and very romantic at night. The food is very good. They have two French Chefs and a Thai Chef.after lunch I had massage on their beach chair. Then the jet ski, bananaboat,ect came to our beach also horses for those who want some excitement. I entirely enjoyed myself during the week that I was there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sakuntala S
Dear Sakuntala S,

Kindly Regards,
adelaide
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I did lots of research on Hua Hin's hotels and I kept on coming back to Anantasila for what we wanted in ammenities and surrounds - quiet, spacious, not in town yet close enough, clean, a beach and a good pool. This is for couples and families. The correspondence from day 1 was responsive, sure and accurate from Miss Wasana.
We booked penthouse 501 B because the bed is in it's own room.

At the airport we were picked up by our driver in a very nice Honda Jazz for the 3 hour drive to our new 'home'. The cost of this was 2800 TBHT.

We arrived at night and our bags were taken to our room (lift to level 4 then 2 flights of steps to 5). The room looks even better than in the photos. Amazing amount of space - 133 m2 all up with the main balcony 61m2 - very private on this side where only natural vegetation and the back side of Khao Takiap headland is seen - so nice sitting out here at night with wine in hand. The opposite side of the penthouse- balcony no.2 is 20m2 and the front side (looking at beach) then other side can be used as well, we stood here at night to see the fishing boats way off the coast. So we had beach/sea views from the front - and out the bedroom windows (2 sides), from the living room - kitchenette balcony the mountains view over the back was awesome and one or two approaching storms was quite spectacular. The under 'eave' outdoor shower is awesome with the size if the average bathroom - a bath is also here. It is private yet airy and natural. The A/C is great as is the wifi connection.

The resort is perfect, spotlessly clean, two sand wash off pads after coming off the beach (the steps are mopped of dirt etc. and were always spotless), showers are also here. The 30m pool is very very clean and at least one part is in shade at any time of the day. Another shower at the back corner is handy. (A small change room also would be good here).

A nice mini golf setup under shade is brilliant as with the beach bar. Lying on the sunbeds on the beach was no trouble in getting a drink or snack from the ever attentive staff. You simply sign the receipt with room number on. The palm trees are great for lying under with Thai massage off to the side.The beach is well protected from Khao Takiap headland and one can see 6kms away Khao Tao headland. Is a nice walk along it.

Breakfast buffet was very efficient with anything one could want. They bake fresh bread and danishes (I had a few of these!) on site. If enough guests are booked in, the cooked buffet is open which is pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, Thai food etc. You just tell the chef what type of eggs you want and he cooks it.

The staff are great from the reception, the restaurant, the cleaners of our room always did a superb job and very quick and easy. The general cleaning staff were always around attending any fallen leaves in the pool or stray sand on the concrete and always with a smile or greeting to be seen. The public bathrooms are always clean.

The General Manager - Bruce is a great guy who we had many talks with and he gave us some very handy local tips. The tuk tuk took us free to Cicada markets (fri-sun) and a free taxi to town at 11am and 5 pm daily. If you want to take a taxi anywhere ask at the gate for Den, he drove very well and is a good bloke who will wait til you are ready to go back or go elsewhere.

My friend had a birthday so I organised with the catering manager to bake a cake and he gave me a cake menu - six choices on it. The result was very nice- so much for us so we told them the staff can take a piece each.

Beach activities was numerous with jetskis, water skiing, pony rides, floating banana rides, massages, local eateries and the vendors...which weren't too annoying.

Considering it is wet season, we had in total 3 rain periods totalling 5 hours in our 11 day stay which was spread far apart and the rain lashing our bedroom windows(not a drop inside!) saturday night was spectacular and romantic.

If you want a quiet stay but close to town ( 10mins) with its own beach, great food, great pool and service this is the place. Highly Recommended

Room Tip: 501 B has no other rooms/buildings directly close by - only nature.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mikq
Dear mikq,

It is always our great pleasure to hear the feedback and comments from our valued guests, We are delighted to see that you had a wonderful stayed with us. However, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you so much for your kind observations and feedback.

With regards to your kind comments about our staff, I will be more than happy to share them your kind comments. We & Mr.Bruce look forward to welcome and serve you & family again at Anantasila Villa By the Sea.

Bangkok
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed a 2 days and enjoyed every bit of it ! A real postcard, my 9 year old daughter enjoyed a stunning swiming pool with see view, the food is excellent; and the staff so dedicated to your well being, every help they provided with a smile was really appreciated..

This was for sure the best hotel we stayed so far, and will be remembered as such.. Stunning views, top food, excellent for the familly to relax.

Room Tip: They provide rooms next to each other with connecting doors..perfect to keep an eye on the kids !
1 Thank Patrick P
Dear Patrick P,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments about Anantasila, location, service and staff, this will certainly serve as good encouragement for the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Anantasila Villa By the Sea on your next trip to Hua Hin, Thailand.