Hua Hin Kings Home
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, this place is filthy - literally out of a horror movie!
There's a sign that says 'Sexual harassment will not be tolerated but will be graded first' I mean seriously?! That pretty much says it all really.
Secondly the owners are rude, I think they may be a married couple - Husband is Dutch & Wife is Thai. I'm not sure how long they've been in this business for but I think it's definitely not the right vocation for either of them. I don't like the fact that as a girl travelling solo the husband seems to walk around all day in his boxers & has all day access to anyone's room at any given time of day. It's completely inappropriate & unprofessional. Also he sold me an overpriced ticket from Hua Hin to Koh Samui & after speaking to various other travellers I discovered I had paid double the price! So all in all, particularly there are so many other nicer, friendlier & cheaper options in the town & it doesn't include this one!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
21  Thank Jess G
Reviewed October 15, 2013

a really awesome and charming place very close to either the beach and train station!a very familiar atmosphere and the owner and is wife are very nice and easygoing people always glad to help you with any of your needs!
the rooms are quite big and clean with an informal atmosphere that make you think you're at home!
for the rest just come and see for yourself ;)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank gregorio m
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very good location for those staying in Hua Hin. Very close (< 5 min walk) to night market and a nice stroll the other way a couple minutes to the beach. Didn't use the pool, but it looked quite nice with a place to sit by it and out front. Nice and quiet at night.
Owners are quite helpful with organizing activities if that's one's thing, and you can get yourself a cup of tea or coffee anytime. The decor is funky, but not in a bad way, certainly lots to have a look at. Good Aircon and heaps of inexpensive places to eat nearby.
Would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: The nicer beach starts at the Hilton and runs to the South. Although there is the pier and sort of "waterfront row" just a block or so from King's, and really the main small walk street runs from very near King's to the S.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Tryne
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at Kings and we were very pleased with our choice.
John and his family are welcoming and kind.
We were out and about so we didn't get to enjoy the garden and pool, but our room was clean and eclectic.
The location is great and there are several signs around pointing you towards Kings so it is not too hard to find.
If you want a homey feel with kind people, this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed at kings home for 3 nights and have to say it was one of the best accomdation I had the pleasure of staying in on my month long trip around thailand, John (the owner) was an absoulte pleasure .. with his endless amount of stories and complete commitment to ensuring ure stay in his hostel and also hua hin were as good as possible. I was unfortunate to have an injury in the sea on my stay there and had to visit the local hospital. Not only did johns wife drive me there and stay with me and explained my situation to the nurses (as I don't speak Thai).. but she also drove me back the following day for my check up!.. this I believe to be outstanding customer service .. and far beyond anything I expected!.. they really made my stay enjoyable and looked after me and helped me when I needed it most! . The kings home is an incredibly quirky hostel with endless things to look at literally everywere!.. I couldn't reccomend this hostel more literally the best place to stay in hua hin and I'm sure other people who stay here would also agree.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends