“Another relaxing holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 133 Hotels in Hua Hin
Melbourne, Australia
“Another relaxing holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

For us Aleenta provided a totally relaxing and peaceful holiday the first time we stayed there last year and we didn't hesitate returning this year in April. It is a place to chill out completely and relax, enjoy deliciously fresh food and long walks on beautiful sandy beaches. Tai chi and stretching every morning on the patio of our Palm villa overlooking the sea and rising sun, what a fabulous way to start the day!! The Aleenta prides itself on its fresh food and there is plenty of it. Once again many thanks to James and his staff for looking after us so well. We are already planning on returning next year!

Room Tip: We like staying in the Palm villas, they also have a small pool which overlooks the sea.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paula R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I have stayed twice at the Aleenta in Pranburi, both extended stays. We wanted peace and quiet, a small resort, not to be trapped miles from other restaurants/bars and kite-surfing. That's what we got. On both occasions we have loved the location, the room, the food and the staff. Hotel food is reasonably priced and tasty, but if you want more variety there are plenty of local restaurants that do the trick too. We travelled by bicycle or tuk tuk, both provided free of charge by the hotel. The room looked straight on to the beach, with a terrace and jacuzzi pool. We loved being able to order food from the restaurant menu and to eato it in the privacy of our own seaside terrace. For us, a perfect holiday location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We had a 6 night stay & I celebrated a significant birthday there, we had a private candlelit dinner on the beach to celebrate & they happily made me a small gluten free birthday cake. The resort is quiet, simple & at times a little rustic but that's what we were looking for. When you want to do more it's easily available, we went into Hua Hin by taxi some evenings & hired bikes & jet skis all of our arrangements were made through reception & done efficiently. The restaurant were always happy to make me gluten free bread at breakfast & on several occasions made us some items that were not on the room service menu. Never had an issue with the toilet except you mustn't put paper down it. The team were always helpful and most importantly we thoroughly relaxed & didn't want to leave the lovely resort & Pranburi area. We teamed it with a trip to Bangkok where we got our fix of shopping & tourist activity, Pranburi is a very simple & relaxing resort and we would definitely return to Aleenta. Thanks to the whole team, in my opinion they try hard, and it's a lovely position on a very unspoilt beach we we had to ourselves most days.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was at Aleenta Resort Pranburi last month with all my family 's members. We stayed in Frangipani Residence site.

The resort is located in a very good area. you can see sunrise from the beach. It is quiet and so much clam. Swimming pool in this site is huge and you can access direct from your room. The beach is nice and have a lot of activity near by. Staff at food department and so nice and helpful. Big smile and so welcome.

Everything is located at main wing ect. Parking, Breakfast,Spa. It take around 5 minutes to travel between 2 place via resort shuttle or 15 minutes walking. You can order the breakfast to your residence but the food will be a bit cold, Specially all the bread.There is no TV at this resort ( On their website,they will provided that in advance if you request it) The swimming pool need to have more clean up. The room are ok... The big problem is Toilet!!!! There is big problem to flush the toilet. We have 4 toilets but there is only 1 that have no problem.

The price is the way too high compare to what you get from here but this hotel is very good for people that want to be private such as honeymoon couple.

By the way,I will not recommend this hotel to people that looking forward to good service and comfortable resort on your holiday.

P.S. The Ley cafe have a very good food. Its locate opposite of Frangipani Residence site. . You must try if you stay around this area.

Room Tip: If you would like to stay in this resort and want to close to all service then I recommened you to s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank JustnormalDK
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Just came back to Hong Kong from staying 2 nights at the Aleenta Pranburi Resort with my friend. We had an truly amazing experience and definitely hope we could have stayed longer.

It was a bit tough to find the hotel at first as my phone's google map was directing us to another direction. However, the local people was very helpful and when we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted warmly by the hotel staff and a welcome drink to cool down.

Unlike the big chain luxury hotels, Aleenta is small, but allows them to pay extra attention to their guests. We were very surprised to find some unusual amenities in the room like calming music in an iPod to keep us in the relax state of mind, mosquito repellant, chilled Lychee & Rambutan in the fridge and numerous big bottles of water to stay hydrate. The was no TV in the room, but enough other entertainment like Jenga and the beach to keep us busy. Indeed it was perfect as me and my friend get to spend some quality time together, enjoying the wonderful scenery of the beach instead of getting distracted by technology which we have done enough in the city.

The Pranburi beach was very clean and did not have very many people. It was just one step away from the hotel and so we have spent most of our time there. When we were sunbathing on the beach chair, the hotel staff was very sweet and surprised us with warm snack and juices. Towels were also provided in the cabinet between the beach chairs, so basically you didn't have to bring or worry about anything.

We also learnt about the hotel has its own farm from James the Manager, so we decided to stay in the hotel for our first meal. Our table in the restaurant was the best, right next to the pool, overlooking the ocean. Foodwise, the ingredients were very fresh especially the beef tenderloin salad, but we didn't order much since were were already stuffed from the buy 1 get 1 free happy hour drinks from the restaurant.

On our second day, we had no planned itinerary and the front desk staff recommended us to go for the Monkey Island tour on the jet skii which was so much fun. You didn't have to bring your camera as the tour guide has a water proof camera and can take pictures for you. The tour guide did not speak much English but was very kind and fun to hang out with. I will advise to book the tour with the hotel 24 hours ahead of time or earlier.

Overall, I'd say this will be the hotel to stay if you wish for serenity and a true getaway and hassle-free trip. Try to stay for at least 3 nights if you can.

Can't wait to return next year!!

Grace

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Just had an amazing 2 night stay at Aleenta Resort Hotel's Ocean View Residence 2 with my girlfriend after spending 4 days in Bangkok. Although the hotel was a bit difficult to locate among all the other resort hotels along the same road, we managed to find it in the end. As the hotel is located in Pranburi, which is about 30 min ride from Hua Hin, it is suggested that you should book a private car (on your own or through Aleenta) from Bangkok to Aleenta.

Both my friend and myself love the resort so much. It's a great place for peace and tranquility. Would be perfect for a getaway from your busy life and all troubles. The beachfront is just at your doorstep and the beach is kind of exclusive with very few people unlike Cha-Am beach and Hua Hin beach. Every staff at Aleenta were very friendly and helpful, especially James the GM.

We were a little surprised that there was no TV when we first arrived at the hotel, but very soon we realised we don't actually need one. You just won't have time for TV, trust me. The hotel is sweet enough to have prepared some games in the room for you to kill time. After we settled into our room, we spent half the afternoon playing Jenga which was so much fun and reminded us of our childhood. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon at the beachfront watching people kite-surf. Listening to the seawaves and with the sea breeze, we soon fell asleep on the beach chairs of the hotel. We also tried the restaurant on 2/f of the hotel and food was superb.

The second day we booked a jet ski tour through the hotel to Monkey Island and a national park. I strongly recommend this tour if you are an adventurous and sporty person. It was SUPER FUN!! The guide have prepared a waterproof bag for us to keep our stuff and they also have a waterproof camera to take photos of you during the tour. We left the hotel at 10am, first stopped at monkey island where there were only 3 monkeys, then rode the jet ski to the national pike and hiked to a cave. It was not a very difficult hike, was only 430m uphill which took about an hour. Then we had lunch at the national park and jet ski back to the hotel. Then we booked the hotel car to take us to Hua Hin Chao Lay for seafood and then the driver took us to the night market before returning to the hotel.

The last day we woke up at 5:30am to see the sunrise on the beach. It was gorgeous.

Oh and one more thing to mention is that you can request your breakfast to be served in your room. I really love this idea cos it's so thoughful and sweet and it's such a luxury to have your breakfast served in your room.

Aleenta is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in and I will definitely return for sure

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I am referring both review given by Hughesy 51 and Lexaby Seetoh. I was able to write the review till I read what were written and thought I should not repeat. However, I was more disappointed with the response given by the resident manager to both.

I was there for my birthday and totally not enjoyed my stay except the wonderful environment and massages. The service staff kept coming to me to ask if I have booked something which is meant to be a surprise for me. They did not bother to find out who was the birthday gal. I had to act stupid and ask my friend if she did.

I think Aleenta management must be prepared to take negative feedbacks positively and not in any other ways. I agree with those feedbacks and was hoping to see improvement but what I read was disappointing. I love the quite and exclusive environment but I will never go back nor recommend to my friends after reading the reply by the hotel.

Thank you.

From a disappointed guest.

3 Thank chua c