“The one day late wedding”

Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“The one day late wedding”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We have now arrived back in the UK after visiting Thailand for our daughter's wedding at Aleenta hotel, Pranburi. On arrival in our room, I could not believe what I saw, the most romantic setting for a hotel that I have ever seen as I lay on the bed and looked out to the rolling waves and sandy beach. Although we experienced torrential rain, the staff looked after us so well making sure that our stay was enjoyable.

A big thank you to James and all his staff, in particular the wedding
planner, for making all the arrangements to have the wedding a day later so that we could celebrate in the sunshine.

I would certainly recommend a visit here, the food is amazing, it is spotlessly clean and everyone is so friendly.

One day we hope to return.

Sue N

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

What can I say, how many weddings have had their date changed to the day after, due to two days of scheduled rain ? The staff at Aleenta certainly pulled it off and could not have been more accommodating, the owner James did everything he could to make sure the big day went ahead as it was originally planned. It was a fantastic day with all guests complimenting the staff and management about the way the situation was handled with exceptional hospitality. The food in the restaurant was amazing, well presented with great attention and flair to detail. The rooms were really clean and to a great standard. We had a perfect few days at the Aleenta resort in a beautiful area of Thailand with perfect sandy beaches, I would not hesitate to return. Thanks very much.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was Aleenta in January 2014 for a post wedding celebration with close friends - We had booked an entire villa and we had an amazing time.

The place is beautiful, with private plunge pools, sea views and tasteful wooden decor.

The manager James and his staff are extremely friendly and go the extra mile to ensure guests are well taken care of. Whether it is making organizing a great lunch inspite of our delayed arrival or making the necessary arrangements for our extra guests.
A special thanks to James also for following up and sending my favorite pair of sunglasses that I had forgotten to Singapore at his own cost!

Overall, I would highly recommend Aleenta to anyone looking for a great experience.

Kavita, Singapore

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kavita23
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I first went to Aleenta a year ago to look at it as a potential wedding venue. I had a few places on the list, but after speaking with the manager James and looking round the resort I was blown away with the place.

A year on, now married I can honestly say I will have lifelong happy memories of the incredible 3 days there. We booked out the entire resort for the wedding and the organization that was involved in getting 70 guests to stay there or nearby was taken care of by the Aleenta staff. This being Thailand I would recommend that specific important details are made clear to staff well in advance, the resort worked hard to accommodate most of ours.

On arrival the day before the wedding, the heavens opened. Having lived in Thailand for 2 years I couldn't believe it, especially not in February. A two hour "strategy" meeting with James & Sorrawee, Aleenta's manager & wedding planner ensued… We discussed so many variations, but with it being so exposed to open air my heart dropped at the prospect of a make do plan. Finally, the staff offered to delay the date of the wedding by one day ! Speedily they re- planned the entire wedding- photographer,flowers,chef,etc. and made travel arrangements for guests affected.

The actual day was perfect, we are still having guests coming back to us daily about how this was the most beautiful wedding (and fun) they have ever been too. Thanks to James and Sorrawee and all Aleenta staff for making it amazing!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Osnabruck, Germany
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Thank you for the very nice stay and the beautiful wedding we had at Aleenta Hua Hin.
Everyone loved it. We will come back for sure!...hopefully soon :-)

Special Thanks to the Wedding Planner Sorrawee. You did a great job!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We search online for a boutique hotel in a quite area and set our hearts on going to the Aleenta resort. We were not disappointed. We were offered the pool residence for the first 3 days followed by our remaining time in and ocean view room. The Pool residence was beautiful with a private plunge pool, table and chairs, sun loungers, hammock and beautiful ocean view. The Ocean view room was equally as lovely with table and chairs and a hammock, the gardens around us were kept so beautifully. All the staff at the resorts greeted us daily with the custom Thai greeting and always a smile.
James and his team at Aleenta made it such a fantastic holiday for us. - The little daily tasty canopies. The swapping or the shower gels from morning awaking to relaxing evening scents, we really enjoyed the food, the wine, local beer and cocktails, the use of the Aleenta push bike. The Thai massages and facials and the private BBQ on the beach was so romantic.
Although we do always like to go somewhere different each holiday we will definitely go back to Aleenta and would recommend it to our friends and families.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie T
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous resort

We have just come back from 10 days at Aleenta. I can honestly say I have never enjoyed a beach holiday more. The resort was fantastic, the staff could not do enough for us and we came home from our holiday more relaxed than we ever have before. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The plunge pool absolutely made the holiday for me - I spent hours sitting in it reading my book. We had dinner at the restaurant every night and the meals were excellent. A fabulous menu and we didn't eat the same thing twice. It was my husband's birthday and I had prearranged dinner on the beach which was just wonderful. We had a good look around Pranburi and Hua Hin and there is nowhere we would rather have stayed. We are about to make a reservation to go back the same time next year - this time for a month! A big thank you to James and the team for making this such a special holiday.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple