Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa
$128
$124
Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Breakfast included
$141
$136
  • Pool
$122
Anantara.com
Ruenkanok Thai House(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
$87
$53
Amari Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
$80
$66
$289
$138
Marriott Hotels
$177
$145
Agoda.com
Anantasila Villa by the Sea, Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
$79
$71
All reviewspalm poolfrangipani wingmanager jamespool residenceplunge poolorganic farmthe penthouseoutdoor showersmall luxury hotelkite surfersocean viewcooking classshared poolsound of the waveslittle touchesromantic getawaylocal market
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I've heard of Aleenta since its opening many years ago. I tried to book a room there once but the hotel was fully booked. My friends had been there and said it highly recommended. So this year during our long holiday in April, we decided to drive south to Phang Nga and made Aleenta our first stop on this trip.
We had hard time finding hotel because it was pretty far from the main road and the hotel has 2 separated sides, one for a couple and the other for family with kids, which is quite far apart. We went to the couple side instead of family side so we had to drive a bit further.
Our room on family side is a duplex. Second floor is bedroom, living area is on the first floor. My daughters love it so much since they felt like home. No TV in the room which is good. Swimming pool is just a few steps away from the terrace and the beach is next to it. There is a walkway beside the hotel that leads to the beach.
Breakfast is served only at the couple side. So if staying in family side, you need to take hotel Tuk Tuk shuttle to go there or have breakfast delivered to your room without extra charge. Hotel offers free tuk tuk shuttle for taking you to nearby restaurants.
We were impressed with the atmosphere of the hotel and its surrounding. The beach is clean and not crownded. Staff was very nice, helpful and attentive. We will surely return.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Aleenta Pranburi is lovely overall. We stayed in the ocean view suite for four nights. The sunsets are gorgeous. The beach is great for running, but watch out for the jellyfish. A few washed up in the early morning. The gym was unimpressive -- basically 3 machines (bike, treadmill and elipitical -- no A/C, no water for guests.

There was a swimming pool, but it was located at a different wing -- so it required a driver to take us or you can walk 8minutes to get to the pool. However, the resort pool was connected to the pool suites so the pool suite guests had to share the pool with all resort guests. Getting there and back was a bit of an inconvenience, but it was better than nothing.

Love that we can hear the ocean waves crashing all day and night long. There is only one restaurant at the resort and it has a limited menu, but the service staff were fantastic and friendly. Food was delicious but mostly the Thai dishes. Good options for breakfast as well. Next to the restaurant is a small infinity spa/pool for guests to hang out in with a cocktail overlooking the ocean. (nice touch!)

When you enter the room, there is relaxing bossa nova music playing on an ipod. There is no TV in the room. Room amenities are minimal. Overall, I was disappointed with our room because it was much smaller than it had appeared in the photos. Actually the photos on Agoda showed a different room format for the room type we selected. Even more disappointing was the mattress. It was hard and lumpy and neither of us was able to get a really good nights rest.

The resort spa experience was the highlight of the trip for me. With so many resorts to choose from, I probably wouldn't come back to Aleenta. They were nowhere near meeting my expectation.

Room Tip: We opted for the ocean view suite based on the photos, but our suite didn't look anything like the photos.. so that was disappointing. My tip would be to make sure you get what you selected.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy C
DOSM_AHMS, General Manager at Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear valued guest
We gratefully appreciate your honest and kind feedback on our resort and without people like you our product doesn’t progress, evolve or develop, so thank you for taking the time to make a review.

Aleenta prides itself on getting the basics right and in your review you have kindly staed that we have from, food to Spa it all seem s very productive and we are pleased you enjoyed it.

Now let me address some of your slightly negative but still productive comments;

Our gym is a cardiovascular gym suitable to maintain fitness whilst on holiday , we don’t offer free weights as it’s an un manned gym and this is a dangerous position to be in.

Our gym has Aircon if you choose to use it by placing your room card in the air conditioners slot and next to the shower there is a wardrobe full of towels and yoga mats, then where the I pod player is in the fridge full of complimentary bottled water, I think maybe you may have overseen that door?

The room type you booked sadly doesn’t have a pool of its own , our entry levels rooms are slightly smaller but combining the indoor space and the outside private living area this combines to make over 90 SQM2 of luxury living and by using the first floor with Jacuzzi infinity pool by the bar , which as I’m sure your aware and again thank you for you kind comments on it remain perfectly empty 90% of the time its great value for money
Our beds are normally praised for being so comfortable I shall certainly look into that one for you

Your room amenities comment is slightly worrying as although we don’t have and don’t want TVs in our rooms , we do have I pod players, games, complimentary slippers, pajamas, beach bags, flip flops free very strong Wifi and wonderful house made gels and lotions for our bathrooms, I would be very interested in what you think we could offer more?

We don’t do a turn down chocolate on a pillow as we feel that’s so yesterday , but I’m sure you agree the 17.30 free canapés and complimentary Spa sleep well drink is a lovely touch ?

Our menu has 86 different dishes of which 45% is western influenced , we do believe I using local flavored products and currently run at 87% self sustainability with a 30 km LCF principle which I’m sure you agree is commendable

Our resort is a place to relax , wind down and enjoy the natural surroundings that have gratefully dealt us
We work within it and rainy low season does bring a few jelly fish but that also does reflect in our room rate as I’m sure you appreciate
Sadly as per your comment we won’t see you again but if you do change your mind please email me direct rm.hhq@aleenta.com and ill make your stay personal to me

Best regards and thanks again

Reviewed April 10, 2013

It is not often that I feel I should give up my time to write a report for free, however I feel compelled in relation to my stay at the Aleenta, Panburi.
This hotel is simply fantastic. It does not do it with big bands or brassy announcements it is discreet and conservative; but just scratch a little beneath the exterior and you find a truly inspiring place balancing the need of the modern ‘discerning’ traveller with the needs of local people and their ecology.
I was at the hotel for just short of 14 days, with my wife, where I have treated like royalty. Little things impress, like the sand note pad with lovely messages from the staff and the way in which they make sure you have your favoured table ready for your meal, or remember the strange combination of drinks you like in an evening.
Spend a little time with the manager James and you find a really committed individual who really wants to bring the best of Thailand and exhibit it to his guests. When you arrive he says ‘welcome to my house’ he really means it.
The hotel my not be to everyone tastes, its not the same as a large international Hotel in London, Paris, Bangkok or New York, but if that’s where you want spend your well earned holidays you need to get out more.
The Hotel does have some quirks but that’s what makes it so appealing. If you like comfortable eco and somewhere gloriously different come here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Will_Symphotech
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our trip started before we arrived with a friendly email from James Noble, the resort manager, inviting us to choose some things to do during our stay and asking if we had need of anything special. I was already excited and this just put me into a spin!
11 nights at the Aleeenta and I couldn't feel more relaxed. They staff are amazing (especially as I have LOTS of food allergies and wasn't ill once).
The day starts with breakfast which you can have by your room, overlooking the sea, or up in the restaurant - the choice is yours. After that, the day is yours to do as you wish.
During our stay, we visited a waterfall, Hua Hin night market, experienced dinner made and served by Bhutanese students, visited a vine yard, had a secial provate dinner called 'Dine Round'and had two amazing good value and relaxing 'Spa Buffets'.
Our room is one of the round ones, over looking the beach. There is a small pool, just enough to cool off, a hammock, sun loungers and a small table and chairs. (Ask for cushions for the chairs!).
The rooms are spotlessly clean and serviced twice a day. Anything you don't have, just ask and it arrives - I even asked for more sunshine and it was delivered the next day! :-)
We were looking for somewhere quiet, somewhere to relax and somewhere individual. This is it! It's not a huge resort, but it is special.
Finally, we came here 3 years ago and decided to return - we were not disappointed, it's even better than remembered. Well done Aleenta, we will be back!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carii64
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We attended one week yoga retreat in January at Aleenta Pranburi. It was organized by our local yoga studio in Finland. Our whole group were located in the Frangipani area which is 5 min away from the main reception & restaurant and the place was perfect for us. We had special privacy there. Rooms were very nice and we had own pool in the area. View from the room was amazing. Food was good. I ordered Young thai coconuts and fruits for the breakfast and booked thai massage every day from the massage place closed to Aleenta. We had breakfast and dinner together every day by the beach and we visited the main building only couple times.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple