“Impressive & amazing Aleenta!”

Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 141 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Impressive service in Aleenta, I can't forget the private sala and candle night dinner on the beach, the staff used the candles to write me & my husband names on the beach even it's quite windy at the first, they tried many times to make it done. Also, the food are excellent, especially the seafood and the dessert! We enjoyed a very romantic dinner on our 8th wedding anniversary finally!

Amazing view in Aleenta! We stayed 3 nights in No. 10 Palm Pool Suite, simple design but comfortable! The room service is excellent. We loved the suite and enjoy every moment in here!

Thank you James and Aleenta! We do return next year !!

1  Thank Lau Y
There are newer reviews for Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were with 2 young kids and spent 3 days there. The hotel is directly located on a nice beach where you won't be disturbed by anyone ! Swimming in the sea is relaxed also with young kids. The beach front rooms with private jacuzzi are amazing as well as the family rooms located about 100m away from the main hotel place (family rooms with direct access to the swimming pool and the beach !). The connectivity between the 2 places is easy by foot or with the tuk-tuk of the hotel. One personal downside (if we have one to find), the bathroom is partly open... it is original but during the night mosquitos are visiting the place as soon as you are swichting on the light, so bring your mosquito repealant ! James, the managing director did really make our stay unforgetable. We had great dinings (the quality did improve a lot since James is managing the place) and you can organize private BBQ on the beach. You can also easily go out for dinner in fisherman's villages which are about 5 minutes drive with a tuk-tuk. If you have a car, it is very easy to reach Hua-Hin (30 minutes) where you have plenty of choices. The road from BKK is OK in about 2-3 hours. I recommend the place if you are looking for a small relax and comfortable resort, a bit seclude... and we will definitively come back next year again for a few days ! Thanks James.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The Aleenta Resort is a luxury hideaway, very romantic, very peaceful, very special. Rooms / bungalows (we stayed in one of the Palm Pool Suites) simply and beautifully appointed (without TV ... which was not missed), very private and right by the beach (clean, soft golden sand) ... beautiful sunrises! All staff very friendly and the restaurant food excellent. Spa excellent.

Great hotel transfer service to and from Bangkok Airport (including bottle of chilled wine and some snacks for the trip!).

Recommed the Thai Cooking Class ... great fun!

A couple of minor negatives: The breakfast croissants (perhaps been to France too often!) and slightly noisy AC in room. That's it, everything else perfect.

Perfect for romantic couples.

Room Tip: The Palm Pool Suites are excellent and wake up for the sunrises!
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Aleenta, Pranburi for 4 nights and left only yesterday. I have to admit, I am one of these people who use Trip Advisor to gauge opinion from other travellers before I book but rarely do I post my own review ( I know, it's bad but something I am trying to get better at!). Until now. I was so impressed with this hotel that I was compelled to share my experience with the travelling community. To put our trip into context, my husband and I had been to Hong Kong, Melbourne, Cairns, Sydney in the last 2 weeks. It was an important trip as it was the first time I had seen my brother and sister in law for 2 years and the first time I had been to Oz since they moved there 10 years ago. It was full on and we knew that we wanted somewhere very quiet and relaxing in a small hotel at the end for a few days before returning home to the UK. I searched and found the Aleenta. It was perfect for our needs. I had to search extensively to get a room. The Aleenta books up quickly months in advance so you'll need to be prepared to wait a while.

We were exhausted when we arrived on our flight from Sydney, getting into Bangkok at 8.30pm. The journey from BK to the Aleenta is a bit of a nightmare (it took us 3 hours in a private taxi, I would say travelling average- fast speed) but it's doable as it's mostly highway. I had emailed the hotel a couple of days before to say we would be arriving late just incase they thought we were a no-show. Even thought we arrived at midnight, check in was smooth and the team had prepared a sandwich each for my husband and I which I thought was a really nice touch and very thoughful as we had not had a chance to eat anything.

We stayed in a Palm Pool suite and wow, what can I say? The room is fantastic. Looking right onto the beach with a terrace, little dip pool (absolute god send in the heat) and 2 sunloungers with sun shade. The view is incredible. The room was spotlessly clean and the housekeeping team were extremely attentive ensuring that the room was cleaned each day and turned down at night. There were little touches in the room which made this hotel stand out from other more average hotels - ipod and docking station in the room, candle with essential oils burning at turn down, huge pillows on the bed (bed is extremely comfortable), use of bathrobes, slippers, and for ladies, a very stylish beach bag, books for your use - I won't go on because it will spoil the small surprises for new guests. Let's just say this is highly impressive and illustrates how the Aleenta always has the comfort and relaxation of the guest in mind. My husband normally has the proverbial 'ants in his pants' when he is on a relaxing beach holiday but due to the relaxing nature of the Aleenta (no tv = no footie!) he actually read 3 books, something which he never does. I have absolutely no complaints with the room. I cannot praise the housekeeping staff enough and the little touches go a long way to make you feel very welcomed and very relaxed.

The restaurant and the bar area are also spotlessly clean and offer a good range of food and beverage choices. My husband and I don't eat seafood and so we were a little concerned that we would not have a lot of choice from the menu but this was not the case. The staff are also so helpful and friendly. The food is of a very high standard. The breakfast is wonderful with a lot of choice. This is a minor thing but if I could give anything constructive ( I know James and his team always welcome positive and constructive feedback) for consideration is that there is not really an area where you can enjoy a drink before dinner. We enjoy a few drinks before dinner, cocktails etc but we felt the only place we could sit was at the bar on high bar stools ( I personally found these tricky to negotiate with dress/heels on) or sitting at a table which although comfortable, gives the waiting staff the impression that you are ready to order your meal and therefore we ended up ordering food before we were ready to.There is an area near the pool but as this area was being used for a table for dining we felt we couldn't sit there. As I said, a minor thing and nothing to worry about, just something that we felt could be thought about for those guests who like to enjoy a few drinks before eating.
On our last day (yesterday) we requested if we could keep our room on until 6pm as we were not getting picked up until 6.30pm. This unfortunately was not possible due to a wedding taking place the next day and the room was needed for the guests which we totally understood. However, we were given full use of the shared facilities (pool, restaurant, showers) and although we would have preferred to have stayed in the privacy of our own room, we were not made to feel in the way, actually quite the contrary. The staff were attentive with drinks and offering the menu for lunch and we appreciated the offers of the showers. It was nice to watch the wedding preparations unfold and secretly quite envious, the setting is phenomenal ( we married 3 years ago in a church wedding but after seeing this place I wish we had come here!)
We also had the opportunity to have an informal chat with James the Aleenta Manager and what a really nice person he is. It is very clear that James is passionate about what he and the Aleenta team are trying to achieve and this comes across in everything it tries to do.

We are back in the UK now suffering from quite a bit of jet lag and a bit of holiday blues! I felt I needed to write this review while it was fresh in my mind though and sorry for the length but hope it has been helpful!

Well done to James and the Aleenta team for topping off our wonderful holiday by ensuring we had the perfect ending. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel and would not think twice about returning.

2  Thank newyorkdream
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I live in BKK, I'm Thai and I travel a lot, but most of the time .. drive by myself. Aleenta is within driving distance from BKK, let's say 3-4 hours if you are not speeding on a highway. I booked a room that connects itself to the beach with jacuzzi in between, and it's really chilling. There was a time, I was in the jacuzzi, sipping wine, killing time, watching the ocean and it's truly relaxing. Remembering having a shower with the sky above (of course, some falling leaves in the shower area, and I didn't mind). Remembering the fruit plate they provided, and a row of ants coming for them, and I again didn't mind. Just love it ! Waking up in the morning with marching band in my head, walking on that white sand beach, and there're a lot of jellyfish .. I loved it but better be aware ...

Room Tip: Transportation could be a problem, you need to plan if you are not driving on your own. For foreign...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MarkJ19
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Be very careful with this hotel. They are 30k from hua hin and are prone to throwing people out on the street even though you have a reservation. They sell rooms on false pretenses and 100% unethical in business. When my Thai girlfriend asked why Hua Hin was part of the name the response was, "so we can get business from Hua Hin". Further, since we brought a 7 year old along with us, we weren't allowed to stay at their hotel even though the reservation was prepaid. Continuing on with the unethical practice they embody, I have yet to get any sort of refund or apology.

Do not stay here. This is coming from a guy who has traveled as a sales guy in Asia for the past 7 years and staying in over 100+ hotels in the region. This was the worst experience with a hotel I have ever had. I simply can say enough.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Lostinmacau
DOSM_AHMS, General Manager at Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Indeed you are correct ,we are not in Hua Hin as our website does clearly states; we are Hua Hin , Pranburi and what a lovely place it is to be .

We are in Hua Hin Province but not in the town, we are 25 minutes away on crisp clean beaches and clean ocean air, without the noise polution of a city and the air polution of a busy town .

What you have stated in your comment regards location is our selling point and uniqness and thats what makes us so popular and rated very highly .

Sadly you booked through an online booking agent, they were not there to bespoke you trip as we would have done if you had of come to us direct .Its a common misconception that all agents are cheaper than booking direct and if we are slightly over on price what you get in service and confirmations certainly makes up for it and makes the whole experience more wonderful.

This saddens me ,they didnt advise you on lcoation? our reservations would have and the "said "company didnt advise you that we dont allow children under 12 in our main wing? this is due to the design and safety for young children with open air roof top pools and drops down to the beach and deep plunge pools infront of rooms , our website does clearly state this, as well as no TV , luxury cotton pyjamas ,free wifi , ipads and pods and a wonderful restaurant using low carbon foot print ingredients, sourced within 30km and using our own farms .

I empathise with your comments and they are constructive ,however as a popluar Small Luxury Hotel of the world (SLH) we were sadly full at your time of arrival and couldnt offer you anything in our family wing , "The Frangipani" as currently we are suggesting a 1 month lead time on bookings due to such high demand for our property.
I am aware we offered you our Garden View room in our main wing which could have met your requirments at no extra cost for your duaghter however you didnt want it due to the location of the resort, as you said yourself; you didnt realise location and it was missed booked by your agent .

By us offering this to you we were going against all our concepts to make your stay as comforatble and as enjoyable as possible as is our misson at Aleenta and we do bend rules but the room you had booked just wouldnt have accomidated 3 people as its an ssmaller room suitable for two ..

I do believe we assisted above and beyond on your arrival and certainly didnt ask your to leave or indeed "throw you out" .... as the booking was for two adults only, it was a suprise to us as well when you arrived with your family.
My team and I tried to accomidate you with your perdicament and you agreed it was not what you were looking for and your agent should have flagged this up and you would adress this direct with them.
We did call many hotels in Hua Hin on your behalf to assist you in changing your lcoation and gave you many options on relocation .

I do appologise, but i am grateful you have used Tripadvisor to express your concerns sadly you never left us a contact email for me to answer your points directly and as you came through an agent we are not privy to that inforamtion unless you give it to us .

My team and I are very sensitive to needs and comments like above all though are informative only give one side of the case, so again thank you very much for giving us the right to reply.

I would love for you and you girlfriend to come back to us as I believe your local ?
To enjoy either with your family or a romantic break away just the two of you and experince all that Aleenta has to offer.
Please contact me directly rm.hhq@aleenta.com and i wil take personal care of your booking
best regards from sunny Pranburi

James Noble
Hotel manager

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed there in May for 3D2N. We stayed in a villa with private pool, the beachwas our bed view can you imagine how amazing it wss? The room was clean, service was prompt with smiles, quiet place to chill & relax...everything was perfect! Would strongly recommend Aleenta for holiday makers,

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank winnyeoh

We know who you are and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts guys.

Aleenta dosent like to shout about success as we think you deserve it.
We do thank you for your time in writting such a lovely review and all concerned feel the warmth.
Mail me direct when you wish to return and join our Aleenta family and all the benifits it brings
rm.hhq@aleenta.com
Spread the word, but evenly if you please .

James Noble