“Great stay, I recommend. I will be back sure”

Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great stay, I recommend. I will be back sure”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I and family spent a couple nights last July at Frangi wing where my kid enjoyed the pool and beach front. I'm impressed with the room itself. No tv but cool since we were very relaxing. Breakfast was very good and pizza was fantastic. I've received well service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

My first thought of aleenta was small, the actual hotel is tiny but once you start to make yourself comfortable, it starts to feel like home, the rooms are spacious and I absolutely love the beachfront hammock and our private jacuzzi overlooking the ocean which is a stone throw away. We spent 3 nights here and loved every part of it, from reading sleeping and watching the ocean all to day, to hiring out a local scooter and driving through the back farmlands of paknampran - from the beach side grilled squid to spending the night in hue hin walking through the night market. The food at aleenta was amazing, after having a lovely chat with chef Chris (originally from the Seychelles) he offered to make us a completely authentic thai menu which by the way was the best thai food i've ever tasted! Generally the hotel food is amazing - the thai dinner menu at least. The service is amazing and I give this place my thumbs up. Although I do not recommend coming at this time of the year, constant overcast was a bummer - and remember there's really nothing to do here, and it's not recommended to swim in the ocean due to jellyfish, those were my two major let downs.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rsahi
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have been at the Aleenta in May 2012. It was actually not my first time there; I have been there already last summer 2011. I had a wonderful summer back there. So it was sure for me to go back. I even convinced my parents to join me. Last time I stayed at the coconut palm suite, so I decided to book this time the Frangileela. The aleenta is way too expensive, especially for Thailand but I wanted to go back there.
I wrote several mails to them, with some request. For example I wrote them that I prefer the frangileela with a terrace, that we are three adults and that they should put a muscito net to the beds. Well they promised me that everything is going to be as requested, but nothing was prepared.
They have been only 2 towels, chairs, bathrobes, they prepared the whole bungalow only for 2 adults, although I booked for 3 and wrote extra an email! There was no terrace, the shower was dirty. We had no mosquito nets and had to ask for it, which is really difficult there, that leads me to the main problem of this hotel. Nobody can really talk English. It’s really difficult to ask for something as they don’t understand you and I don’t really understand them. I think such a hotel should hire staff that speaks or at least understands English.
But the main disappointment was the restaurant. Last time in summer 2011 I was every evening at the restaurant. The chef was German and really nice, he always came to our table and talked with us. The food was expensive but really good back there. So I really looked forward to it, but I had to found out that everything changed there, for example the menu card which was already not really big got even smaller. So we haven’t got a lot of choice. We ordered Satay which was okay but they were on a pineapple, I took a bite of it and it tasted like a really old one. Later I saw another guest, who ordered satay as well; with the same pineapple I just took a bite of it. Disgusting! The main courses were just a joke, my father ordered curry chicken there were 3 small pieces of chicken in it. I had prawns, well when you can call 2 little prawns a main course. Later I found out that the chef is not the same. The food is not good at all and way to expensive! The service is bad too, they forgot a lot of dishes but at the end they put it, of course on the bill. The next dinne we had at the restaurant Casablanca which is only 4 minutes by feed away and really good!
Regarding the bungalow, well I couldn’t sleep at all. Although we had an aircon it was way too hot for me. The problem, the ac is in the upper floor. My bed (small couch) was downstairs! I tried to ask for a fan but as usual nobody understood me. At the end of my stay there I wanted to talk to the manager but nobody could or wanted to understand me. So I was really disappointed and will never go back there. I work in a hotel as well and am just shocked and angry. At the end of my stay there I just wanted my money back!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank deadenise
DOSM_AHMS, Manager at Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Valued guest
I am as disapointed in fact more disspointed than you are, we pride ourselves on our service and quality and its clear we let you down
My name is James Noble and i am the resident manager here and have been since you last stay , i have looked at your correspondance and your correct it clearly request for three chairs and a mosquito net
I hear you disppontments and as a progressive resort i would like to answer a few here and ask you to email me also on rm.hhq@aleenta.com so we can discuss further
All my team can speak English although Soem are at differant levels , we work hard to to acheive a level of understanding and both my Guest service manager and Front office manager were not aware of your issues as they speak great English
The room by your description leads me to believe it was room 201 with a direct acces terrace to the pool , our bathroom is an out door bathroom but i certainly will address cleanliness as a matter of urgency .
We normally get very very good comments on our food, our satay is served on a pineapple and that pinapple is grilled , so maybe thats why it looked bruised but as a pineapple takes 8 months to grow we ceratinly wouldnt serve you a bad one
I will adress with chef regards consitancy but as stated earlier we rarely get a comment but yours wil be addresed and responded in an email as thats not value
I dont think we are "expensive for Thailand" in our rooms for location alone we are number 1 being right on teh ocean front , we are very comparative to others and we work hard to achieve our standard.
Our commitment to you never cahnges and we value each and every guest , im suprised your experince here wasnt as per most reviews here so please get in contact with me perosnally so i can get some more usefull information to follow up on
Best wishes
James Noble
Resident manager
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My new husband and I stayed here for part of our honeymoon. When we arrived we were met with a warm welcome by the staff and the manager James. We were given a lovely drink and an upgrade to a lovely beach front villa and were told that anything we wanted could be arranged. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff here. The staff had happy, smiley faces and always greeted us with a good morning or hello.
Our room was spotless and linen and towels changed daily. The attention to detail here makes this Hotel stand out from the rest. We were asked before our arrival if there were any particular music choices that we would like putting on the i pod which was provided with a Bose docking station in the room. The bed was always turned down, essential oil put-on the burner, curtains closed and nightwear placed on the bed.
The food is exceptional and the cocktails are second to none!
The Aleenta is a beautiful, and peaceful haven and i really hope that one day we will return.

Room Tip: Villa number 8 ( Jasmine ) right on the beach and close to the path which leads to the bar or the be...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello both and again congrats

Bless you ,we try realy hard to make your stay as good as we can possibel make it
We appreciate your kind words and they will be passed along the line
All my team are happy to work here and enjoy our goal
Im glad you felt that showed and you enjoyed, from sleep to eat
We hope to see you guys back with us soon
best regards
James Noble
resident manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My friend and I chose and went to Aleenta, wanting to unwind and totally chill out. It was a very good experience, as we got what we wanted! It was truly a place to go to, to do NOTHING! And as it is a boutique resort, there were not as many guests as those big hotels and thus, we felt good and our tensions accumulated from the stressful city living began to disappear almost immediately.
There was no TV in the room, which meant we could not be tempted to flip channels like what we would have done in other places. We then could really spend time chilling out and catching up with each other. The room we got was superb, huge by our standards. This really made us feel like we truly were far far away from home and the stress of the busy city life. Our only grouse was the bed was a little too soft for comfort, which may not be very good for people who are prone to aches (like me).
Food in their restaurant was great! We only had outside food for a couple of meals, subsequently, we ate from their restaurant every time as we were simply too comfortable to even explore other eateries outside the resort.
Spa treatments were good too, although we were a bit disappointed with the lack of a small bowl of essential oil usually placed underneath the beds during massages to help guests further relax (this, we thought, was a common item in almost all the spas we have been to). We also had a miscommunication with the staff at the spa over the ongoing promotion. But it was because we couldn't understand the English accent used by the staff at the spa. Otherwise, the experience was good.
During rest of our stay there, the staff really tried to make us feel at home! From the security guards to restaurant staff, each of them was friendly and tried their best to help, even if some of them can't really speak English. My friend has this habit of ironing all her clothes and thus on the second day, asked the front desk for an iron and ironing board. We waited for quite a while and was wondering what happened when a staff suddenly showed up with the items. We were then shocked to realize that both the iron and ironing board seemed new! The iron even had the original protective cardboard stuck to its base! We were, of course, touched and felt truly appreciative towards the staff who went out of their way!
We would go back again, for we had good memories of the resort, and because it is rare, to be able to find a place where we can really do nothing except to chill.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is our perfect escape from the city. Lovely beach for long morning walks and picking up shells, delicious food, awesome views from the balconies, and a spa. We've been there twice already and can see going back again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AmericaninAsia1
DOSM_AHMS, Manager at Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Hi there
You know what ?, we are like a favourite jumper , its lovely to put it on and feel at home we are comfortwithout pretence and stylish without fashion .
We love to be your place to relax ,break and provide what everyone needs in life , that special place.
It was great meeting you and we are happy you enjoyed our lovely clean beaches and wonderful sets and rises
Chef was as happy to create for you as you were to enjoy his creations he wil be pleased
I know we wil see you again and i know it wil be as fun as the last ....all you need now to do is choose the room .......as you had a view from most of them !!!
See you soon our new family ,members

James D Noble
Manager
Sydney
Reviewed July 18, 2012

As soon as we arrived I knew we would have an amazing time. It is a boutique resort so not to many guests. Service on arrival was friendly & efficient making you feel very special. The room was beautiful with our own little pool to swim privately if we desired. Or you can head up onto the roof next to the rest and have a swim there whilst you sip on cocktails. The food was exceptional as was the service in the rest. Music playing in our room & candles lit made it the perfect atmosphere to start our honeymoon. The free bikes were fun to ride into town on too. Only down fall was the beach isnt that nice and when we order a movie to watch most of them were in Thai. And they seemed to charge for Everything. Which was a little off putting. Other than that it was well worth the stay. My husband and I definately relaxed here. I've aleady advised my mother to go stay!

Room Tip: From what I could tell all the rooms were nice. They all have a view of the water. Although the fron...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple