“great staff, great food and great tim”

The Admiral Bar & Grill
Ranked #157 of 680 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Thai, Scandinavian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

there is many places in hua hin where you can eat. but not many places where you get great steaks, and a service this good. its 100% a placei will visit again.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Enjoy a really good stone beef at Admiral Bar & Grill in Hua Hin - don´t forget the redwine:-) The friendly staff will serve you the best way.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

i had a lovely three-course meal in The Admiral. As a vegetarian, I don't usually eat at steak houses, but on this occasion was dragged in by an expat friend in Hua Hin. Anyway, the manager was very kind and actually designed me a special vegetarian hot stone grill. The hot stone is 300 degrees and cooks your food right in front of you on the table - it's one of the restaurant's signature dishes, usually done with beef or tuna steak.
My friend (a Swedish guy) had a Scandinavian open sandwich called a smoor brod (correct spelling?!) with akvavit, a special schnapps that Swedes apparently love to drink with this sandwich. Anyway, he was overflowing with praise for the restaurant and even said it was the best smoor brod he's had outside of Sweden!
So, top marks all round. It's clear from the quality and presentation of the food that some real connoisseurs are behind this place. Will definitely drop in again for one of their veggie sandwiches.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Lived in Hua Hin for 7 years and have been to the Admirals many times and Always enjoyed the food here. Now it opened again after a few months of useful renovations. The Place looks much better than Before and the menu still have our old favorites like Stjerneskrud fried fish with shrimps in an excellent sauce and also the Herrings which for us Swedish people are called Sill and we can get a Snaps to it if we like! Two kinds of Aquavit are availble Norwegeian Line and Ikeas Swedish Aquavit both are very taste and served as it should chilled. Whats new in the menu are Wagyu New Zeeland meat cooked by yourself on a very very hot stone! A different way to serve food but its ok even if you have to do most of the cooking yourself. Mine was a Wagyu Rump. I actually thought it should be a sirlion but it looked more like a tenderlion. The helpful New Zeeland Manager did confirm it to be a Rump which I still doubt but not complain about as it was very tender and tasteful for a very resonable cost of THB 650,a steal in my opinion. And we are very happy to see that this restaurant now have a manager as this would prevent the staff from hanging around in the front of the outside seating chatting in a casual and sometimes to high voice. The new manager is really needed and seemed to us to be everywhere and also very helpful and caring all the time. I was for example approching the restaurant on chruches as I had an accident in my right leg and there he was giving me a helping hand without knowing that I was on my way to his restaurant! That is service! Thanks again!

2  Thank JankanHH
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The Admiral Bar & Grill in Hua Hin has re-opened under new management and they are doing a fantastic job. Their Danish open sandwiches are among the best I have ever had and the wagyu rump on stone grill is by itself worth the trip from Bangkok where I live.

The bar next door "Urban" is also under the same management and that is very convenient since the food in Admirals is so good and cheap you will likely eat too much and will only handle a short stumble to get to the bar to watch all the live sport you crave after the meal. Urban by itself serves fantastic burgers as well as whatever you want from the Admirals menu.
If by chance you are slightly hung-over on a Saturday or Sunday the Beer & Burger Brunch with free flow of beer between 15-18.00 is a perfect pick me up! have a good stay in Hua Hin

1  Thank Hakan S