My husband and I stayed for 8 nights at this lovely and historic hotel and we're already planning our next visit. The staff are wonderful, the grounds beautiful and the location is perfect for accessing the beach, the night market, the fishing piers and everything else that Hua Hin has to offer.
We arrived later than planned as it was coming up to the Queen's birthday and traffic leaving Bangkok was very busy, so it was a relief to finally arrive at our chosen hotel. Check-in was smooth as Thai silk and we were soon unpacking in our room which had a peaceful view of cempaka trees and the topiary pool. Everything was spotlessly clean and we very much appreciated the services of all the housekeeping staff who made sure our supply of drinking water and bathroom essentials was regularly topped up throughout the day. Nothing was too much trouble and any requests were greeted with a smile and were quickly met.
Food was good and we especially enjoyed taking breakfast on the terrace while checking on the topiary to see if the garden beasts had switched places during the night. We have a sneaking suspicion these may be the guys who pull Santa's sleigh in Thailand
From asian to western, there was plenty of choice at the breakfast buffet and we'll now be hitting the gym to try and shed the holiday pounds. Beware of the almond croissants. They're very, very moreish, and the green curry didn't go amiss either.
We spent a fair amount of time relaxing by the Topiary pool; a peaceful and shady haven and a good size for swimming laps too. The other pools were great too and as they're by the beach the adjacent seating areas enjoy cool breezes.
The hotel is well situated for visits to the night market, for picking up a tuktuk and for local bars, massage parlours and restaurants. We had a brilliant time and can't wait to return. Hats off and well done to all the staff and management for all your hard work in making Centara Grand Beach Hua Hin a top holiday destination!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The, and include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel