This was our second stay in a pool villa at the Centara however this time we had my brother and his wife with us. I had emailed the hotel prior to our stay to request the same villa we had had the previous year, as it was not overlooked and got lots of sun, and also requested my brother and his wife have a villa next door. Our requests was granted which we were delighted about.
During our stay there was a large golf tournament taking place and the hotel was one of the main sponsors. This meant the club lounge had been temporarily moved to the pool at the villa side of the hotel however this caused us no inconvenience at all as it was less of a walk for us.
The standard of service was as high as we remembered the previous year with nothing too much trouble and always with a smile. Special mention has to be made to Jonas and his team in the club lounge and also to the gentleman who cleaned our room each day who was just as good as the previous year and who always went about his work with a huge smile.
The standard of food and drinks in the club lounge was excellent as was the breakfast in the morning whether you had it in the Railway Restaurant or poolside at the villa side of the hotel.
It is without doubt one of the nicest, most relaxing hotels I have ever stayed in and if I return to Hua Hin I would not consider staying anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The dining venues include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel