We had a flexible booking to stay in a dust suite at the Dusit Thani Hua HIn, and after a lot of research i decided to change to the villa's at the Centara and what a great it decision it turned out to be......top shelf from start to finish.
We have been to Thailand over 10 times for holidays over the years, and now our daughter is getting older, your choice of facilities and services at a resort/hotel really comes into play.
The CBHH really fitted our needs, and when a great last minute special come up on their website and a few emails we got a really great rate for a premium deluxe 1 bedroom villa with club benefits for roughly $325USD per night, so cancel the Dusit and book and pay upfront for the villa.
We had stayed at the airport Novotel and had pre arranged a car service to Hua Hin.....slow start as the driver was 90 minutes late and we hit some traffic on the way down and took 4 hours of my life that i will never get back.
Upon arrival at main foyer of hotel, we were quickly taken over to the villa side in a golf buggy and welcomed with a cold drink and towel. The villa manager on duty was very thorough and had been awaiting us with good news that our villa was ready early for us and we got an official escort to villa by 2 staff. Just walking from reception past the restaurant area and pool, then pathway to villa we had started to relax.
We had been given villa 424 and as we entered the villa, it was just as we had expected from the photos and videos we had looked at. A guided tour was given by staff and we started to unpack our bags and relax by having a swim in the private pool. The staff came back with sheets and started to make up the beds in the spare/tv room for our daughter, which see really loved as she had her own little room away from us with a tv and some space of her own.
After relaxing for a while, we showered and dressed and headed to the club for evening drinks and some nibbilies.....we really enjoy this at most hotels and the centara was no exception. The first night it was held on the villa side due to the hotel coming out of being fully booked for the centrara golf masters. This was nice on the villa side sitting by the pool having a drink and watching the world go by, but it was just as nice going over to the main hotel club area, with some great staff over there who go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, and the staff who would look after us fussy aussies with a very cold beer at the ready when needed!!
We spend most of our time relaxing by the pool on the villa side, which at the time we were there was not very busy at all. During the day staff would bring around cold towels and fruit which was nice, but a suggestion would be to have a fridge by the pool with water and soft drinks that you could access during the day as most people staying in villas were club members and it was a bit of a hike to get up from relaxing and head over to main hotel just for a drink.
The beach out the front of the villas had a lot of thai restaurants that operated during the day, which we didn't eat there but a lot of people who got bused into the beach did. The beach itself had a lot of rocks in front of the villa side, with a side street access between the villa side and hotel side but the beach itself was ok, not Koh Samui Centara standard, but nice enough for a good walk and swim.
Our daughter went to the kids club a few times, and i must say it wasn't overly good, but she enjoyed it, but a note to management that a good/great kids club is really an asset to a hotel and leaves both the parents and kids with a good feeling if done well.
The grounds within the hotel are quite grand and you can spend a good amount of time walking around and looking at all the topiary and gardens and it makes you feel very relaxed.
The staff at the hotel and villas are the key to the whole place, always smiling and saying hello it really makes you feel nice. Our villa was always cleaned well, the free laundry items always returned by late afternoon and hung up in room, small tip for deluxe villa, you can put in 4 items per day.
Each night after we enjoyed the service at the club, we would just walk out to the front of the hotel and you can find plenty of good places to eat cheaply, and even some nice flashier restaurants as well.
Played some golf whilst in Hua Hin, booked thru Golf Asian, which has a shop just across from the Hilton hotel and was very easy with transport picking me up on time and returning after golf. If you are a golfer please go to Black Mountain to play and you won't be disappointed, well worth a look and has a 9 hole par 3 course as well as a nearby water park which is a good day out as well.
Overall, we were very happy with our choice to change hotels from Dusit to the Centara, so happy in fact that we are now looking to return the same time next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The, and include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel