We had been looking forward to a short stay at the Centara having wanted to stay at this hotel for some time and not been able to get in. Check in was fine,room ready then we sat and waited for our luggage,after 20 minutes I rang reception and waited another 10 minutes until we decided to go down and get the luggage ourselves,luckily 2 small cases for a short stay, they were still outside where the porter had put them on arrival, so not a good start. The other thing that is irritating is no free wi if unless you complain then you have to join their loyalty club to get it. We have been in thailand for 5 weeks and this has been the only hotel on our travels that didn't automatically give free wi fi.
Our room was I think the cheapest in the hotel so cannot compare to other rooms,the bedroom was very nice but the bathroom quite small with shower over the bath,not the best fot this price bracket. Breakfast excellent as in other 5* hotels. Gardens and pools not as well kept as the Hyatt,and seating not directly overlooking the beach which is noisy and not the best part for walking along.
The hotel is a lovely colonial building and the clientele is predominately older so is very quiet especially in the evening,we didn't see many children here.
The proximity to the town makes this hotel attractive but if you are looking for value for money this is not for you,but I don't think that was an issue with the people who were staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The dining venues include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Splitty, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel