We liked this hotel very much. Traveled with husband and 4-year-old daughter. We arranged for airport transfer from Bangkok ourselves, as the hotel's transfer was over 200% more expensive than the cars that can be easily booked on the web.
Reception was very good with welcoming drink and cold towels. We vere upgraded to a villa, which was more than we could have expected. Very nice grand villa with two bathrooms. The villa area is separate from the hotel, so it is very very peaceful. The villa guests have their own breakfast by the pool, VERY nice.
We traveled with only one child, and even though the hotel has good facilities for children (a very clean and nice play room with 'nannies', two outdoor playgrounds, several childrens pools aso) I would not perhaps recommend this hotel to bigger families with several children as the environment is very peaceful, most of the guest elderly people and you get the impression that everyone is staring angrily at you when your child screams or speaks a bit louder...or doesn't behave...
The hotel garden is beautiful and all envious bypassers are not even allowed to enter the area to take pictures, which I find good, otherwise the hotel would become an attraction full of non-hotel guests walking around.
The service at this hotel is EXCELLENT from security guards to managers and you really get the impression that you are taken care of. Everyone smiles at you....all the time... The food we ate, especially at the restaurant at the villa area was very good (only tasted thai food) with a menu for the children. At least the Thai food was as cheap at the hotel's own restaurants as in Hua Hin city (but much better and the restaurants at Centara had a much nicer atmospher).
We were Club guests and there were drinks and food available almost during the whole day. The evening cocktails served nice drinks and very good wine.
The ONLY thing that bothered us a lot was the loud music (basso??) from a nearby Disco somewhere in the neighborhood that held us awake during hours every night... I even used ear plugs but they did not help. I have not seen comments on Tripadvisor regarding this problem, which is very bizarre, we met another family who lived in a nearby villa who experienced the exact same problem. We lived in 404.
Apart from the sleep quality we would absolutely recommend this hotel to friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The dining venues include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel