We have stopped at the Centara Hua Hin previously at the main hotel and were really disappointed for numerous reasons. Travelling with friends and based on very specific criteria the Centara was the best fit, so we reluctantly booked and my expectations were not high.
This visit we booked two premium pool villa's. I can honestly say that this visit was significantly different to our last experience and I would definitely stay again. Although there are a few areas which perhaps need some attention.
Having booked pool villas our expectations were villas with small pools and sun loungers. Pools are 5 metres so a reasonable size, but no sun loungers, just chairs!?! We had to request sun loungers, which after repeated requests we were given one to each room, fortunate that our husbands had no interest in using sun loungers! If you are booking a villa be sure to book one away from the Hilton Hotel which stands very tall and blocks sunlight and encroaches on any privacy you might expect booking these rooms.
Villa's are well maintained, including a main room with a bedroom, separate bathroom, walk in wardrobe and a further lounge room, with seating and TV and and a second bathroom. Maid and turndown service every day including treats from the chef. The room is fully stocked with water, tea and coffee and if you run short you can ask for more!
The Villas are part of the "Club" so there are extensive benefits from this including evening drinks and nibbles, all day snacks and soft drinks at club and villa main pool, afternoon tea and evening cordial service. Two pieces of laundry washed and pressed every day the list goes on.
The staff at the Villas are amazing, the restaurant manager requires a special mention, she is amazing, her attention to detail, memory and customer service are excellent. Nothing is too much trouble for her or her team and she is always there, remembering what you order, drink and pre-empting your every requirement, a special lady who goes above and beyond in carrying out her job, making all her guests feel special. She is a real asset to the Centara.
Breakfast is of good quality and the restaurant manager and her team know what you want and again preempt you every need.
We did have a small problem with our villa, the flooring around the pool was rotting and unfortunately I did fall through it when it snapped, however no serious damage to me and the hotel were very quick to make repairs and ensure I was not hurt. We understand the same thing had happened at the villa next door the day before, so perhaps a little more maintenance is in order for the villas?
The Villas are very close to all the restaurants and is a 10 minute walk to the night market, with lots of shops along the way. This is a great location.
If you are wanting to sit on the beach every day, this isn't perhaps the right area as the beach isn't great and very busy with small local restaurants and lots of sun beds and somewhat dirty. If you want to lay on the beach, perhaps a hotel a little out of town where the beach is much better.
We will definable go back to the Centara, just not the main hotel, but definitely the villas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin first opened its doors in the early 1920s at a time when Hua Hin was still a sleepy coastal village. This five-star beachfront resort was built along the classic lines of that era, with phenomenal gardens and beautifully spacious rooms and suites (up to 170 square metres) with high ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, period furniture, and the warm tones of Thai silk. The resort is also home to 42 single-storey villas that offer privacy and space (up to 120 square metres) and the choice of a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the terrace. Beside Hua Hin’s gorgeous beach, a stone’s throw away, and a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy to the full, the resort also offers plenty of leisure options for adults and children: four swimming pools and children’s pools, a superb spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, Muay Thai and Tai Chi classes, and two kids clubs. Plus, the town is outside our door, and some of the best golf courses in Thailand are within easy travelling distance. The dining venues include a colonial style café and all-day dining restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, a Thai restaurant located near the villas, and the modern COAST Beach Club & Bistro. With its setting on the beach and its elegant atmosphere, the resort also is the perfect setting for a dream wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin Hotel Hua Hin
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas Hua Hin
- Sofitel Hua Hin
- Accor Hua Hin
- Hua Hin Sofitel