“Happy Family time at Centara!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin
Ranked #3 of 133 Hotels in Hua Hin
Bangalore
“Happy Family time at Centara!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

My extended family (about 35 of us) visited centara in May 2013 for a short 2 night stay. I could best describe it as a heritage property soaked in history. Formerly called as the railway hotel, it was also featured in the film 'Killing Fields', the hotel still seems to maintain some of its old world aura. The rooms and dining areas were perfect and well appointed. The large grounds and pool areas gave us plenty of room to move around and explore the property. The location is just fantastic too, we had a great time shopping at the night market on both days, there are spas, shopping, burger king, etc...all within walking distance from the hotel. The staff and service too was very very nice. All in all a great stay and hope to be back some time.

2 Thank thomaser
Qmgr, Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear thomaser,

It was a pleasure to have you with us recently and great to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort.

May we take this opportunity to thank you again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back to Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin in the future.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
newcastle upon tyne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and two children aged 4 and 7 for two weeks May 2013. Quite simply the resort is fabulous, definately 5*. Tranquil, old school charm, yet super modern facilities.

The staff are truely fantastic, infact I almost felt humble. Very peaceful resort, yet just minutes walk from hustle and bustle of Hua Hin. My two girls felt extra special from all the attention they recieved from staff.

Room wise, we booked a Premium, delux pool villa, it was amazing and just the rightt size for our party. But because the main hotel pool areas were so nice, we only used this a handful of times.

Our room came woth club access, which again is great for drinks and snacks throughout the day. The quality of food was top class. Oh and the breakfast too was superb, we preferred to eat in the restaurant near the villa area.

Our girls used the Kids Club almost everyday for an hour or so, to play and escape from the heat. They really enjoyed this too.

The only downside I would say is the cost of drinks, I ordered two small beers one afternoon and it was approx £7. i noticed that virtually no one poolside was ordering drinks or food. They would either go out or bring stuff in. Shame when the staff did not seem busy and could have been making tips. If the cost was lowered Im sure people would order more frequently.

Super holiday, will defiantley book again.

Room Tip: Book Club room
3 Thank mrsmac26
Dear mrsmac26,

It was indeed a pleasure of having you and your family during your recent holiday.

We are happy to note that you had a pleasant stay at our resort, enjoyed the facilities and service. We have a special noted on your comments about cost of drink and share with our Food and Beverage Director for our next operation review.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at Centara Grand Hua Hin and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

in general terms, this hotel is perfect. the location is ideally placed between the tourist centre of the town and the beach and close to both. the building and grounds are stunning visually. however, this hotels strongest asset is its staff. they are simply wonderful: enthusiastic, happy in their work and above all, speak good English. this last point applies to all staff from housemaids to reception and restaurant workers.

however, after a few days small niggles surface: the food provided in the executive lounge is of very limited quantity, the wine there is cheap and undrinkable and the outside seating area under a glass canopy is extremely hot.

rooms are large but the furniture is minimal and the lighting is poor. bathrooms are large and efficient but towels were thin and hard.

we stayed many times at this hotel when it was the sofitel in club rooms. our impression is that the breakfast buffet whilst still good is nowhere as good as it was. also the location of the club room under sofitel was better.

overall, we still love this hotel and have already booked our next visit even though it is apparent that efforts are now being made to cut costs.

Room Tip: if you avoid stairs, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank goldtop11
Qmgr, Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear goldtop11,

Thank you for your great feedback and we very much appreciated. Club benefits are generous and are indeed very liked by our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will definitely share your comments with our team in order to continuously improve the quality of food.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience, we profoundly hope that we will have the opportunity to be able to welcome you back to our resort again.

AMSTELVEEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is my third stay here, but the first time to stay in the main resort section (I stayed in the former 'Sofitel' Villas part of the hotel before on two occasions). This time, I travelled with my disabled mother and stayed in the Garden deluxe suite facing the sea front. This Centara property is well managed. The staff was very friendly, attentive, well trained. Food at the Railway Restaurant was really good. The facilities and overall atmosphere make sure you will enjoy your stay. The location is also great, nearby the night market and village market shopping mall.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear SQUEEZED,

Thank you for your fantastic review of Centara Grand Hua Hin. It is always very motivating and rewarding to receive positive comments and not only negative ones. We are glad that you enjoyed this third stay with us and would like to assure you that it has been a true pleasure to have you with us.

We all look forward welcome you back and will roll out our best care and attention for your fourth visit!

Blackwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Centara Grand during the last 2 weeks of May. What an amazing place. We were overwhelmed as soon as we pulled up to the reception.
The whole place is absolutely spotless, which is credit to the many behind the scenes workers who work tirelessly to ensure the standard never drops.
We joined the Club – which at first looked expensive, but I can highly recommend, the service received by the Club team was fantastic and the snack and drink were very good value for money.
The breakfasts were also amazing – everything you could possible want. We would often arrive toward the later part of the service and yet the staff would still be filling up the counters and happily get you whatever you needed.
Can I also highly recommend the Steak buffet night – not for the chef/managers the word buffet does not do this justice (and can be a put off) – all the steaks are cut and cooked to your individual liking.
The outstanding feature of this resort is however the staff, always smiling, always helpful and made us feel truly welcome for the whole 12 days – we will definitely be back!

Dear LucieT21,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review of Centara Grand Hua Hin, which is very much appreciated. It was certainly a pleasure to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our resort.

Your comments on the service and hospitality given by all the staff are most gratifying and will be shared with all the team.

With our reiterated thanks and we all look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the next time your travels bring you this way.

Gurgaon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The reosrt is beautifull and the staff extremely friendly. we were a group of 3 couples and 2 kids and stayed there for 5 nights last week. The rooms are spacious and functional. I stayed in the colonial wing with a garden facing view and it was good. The location of this reosrt is the best in Hua Hina as you are right in the middle of the city. This gives you the option of dining out and Hua Hin has several great options which are cheaper than the hotel restaurants. We only ate breakfast at the hotel and it was very good and elaborate. I am sure the food at its restuarants would be good but we wanted to try out restaurants outside as obviously they would be cheaper! The hotel public areas have free wifi and it is charged when uysed from rooms. Keeping in mind the dependance of all on wifi these days the hotel should make it free everywhere including rooms! Besides the charges for the internet were very high - In this day and age most of the hotels are making wifi free and Centara must do it too! Overall a very lovely experience and I would recomend HUa HIn and Centara to all travellers planning a clean family holiday to Thailand!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms close to the lobby as then you will have free wifi in your room as well!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Amreekibilla
Dear Amreekibilla,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review of our resort. We are very pleased to read that you had a happy holiday with us, and highly recommended our resort to anyone as an ideal place to spend their holidays in Hua Hin.

On behalf of all the staff here at Centara Grand Hua Hin, we profoundly hope that we will have the opportunity to be able to welcome you back to our resort again.

Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

After reading about the best place in Hua Hin to stay I chose the Centara. Paid a LOT more to get the jacuzzi suite as after a long flight I felt it would be worth the extra money to have an ensuite jacuzzi to relax as we overlooked the beach. Checked in. Got to the room... and room looked very "tired." Jacuzzi suite had two twins pushed together and no effort to make them into a bed for two at all, though I had requested a King online and via email. Upon check in was told they might be able to get a mattress liner to make it more comfortable... but they didn't do it in advance so didn't care. Room looked like a 3-star upon arrival... but being a "beach" place we didn't mind too much. The attendant then closed the curtain to the outside back.... where the Jacuzzi was... and then I was curious as to why instead of showing it and explaining the functions. I went myself and lifted the shade and opened the door then discovered why. The Jacuzzi was covered with a tarp and the tarp was laden with debris. I tugged it over a side to find the tub empty and filthy. About two inches of leaves and other debris and mold growing along the sides. Being my birthday and all, I looked at my husband and asked him to call the desk so that I'd keep my mouth shut and keep the peace. he called. To the credit of the lovely Thai lady at the reception, she did relocate us to another villa... assured us it had a jacuzzi like this one and we waited and then were taken to the other villa. Bigger, but not better. Plunge pool, which I did not want nor need, and no Jacuzzi. By this time it was about 5am. Tired and my birthday I called the reception myself. Was told they would "show" me other jacuzzi Villas with a clean tub and with a beach view.... as we had contracted. But that another company had taken over those so they could just SHOW. That explained the pictures on the website and the discrepancy in what we were actually given to stay in. I told the lady that we will check out as this was NOT was advertised and NOT what we paid for in advance, She agreed. I said i would, with my husband, come to the lobby area and get on our laptop to secure another accommodation... she kindly offered that the unit I was in had connections and we could make the arrangements from that room. My husband and me sat at the desk of that room and, as quickly as possible, found another place to stay. When we finished we went directly to the front desk to let them know. At that time, oh, hell yes.... Centara wanted to CHARGE US for the short use of the room they offered! This cannot be made up!
Long story short... we were very upset with Centara on all accounts. Now 5 days later we still have no refund and have discovered a charge of over $300 pending. Before leaving Centara we made quite sure they would NOT charge us any money at all.
The spa villa will be at least 6 minutes walk to a beach.
I'm writing a review of the Evason if you'd like to know the end of this saga.
Not upset at all with the front desk folks or support in the hotel. Thai people are just great. The manager of this place need a huge kick.
Best??? By the time we left and got checked into another place we saved the night's charge.... whoo hoo... it was my freaking birthday and was supposed to be NICE. Still don't have the rate back. But we checked into Evason... and life got real good real quick. Less than half the money and more than ten times the facilities and service. I'm so happy it worked out this way and I'm going back to Evason asap! A bit far away from Hua Hin proper, but worth all in all respects. My husband and I both were glad Centara was such a let-down, as we'd never have discovered something so, so nice.
I'd not recommend the Centara at all.
But Do come and stay in Thailand. this was just a one-off in terms of service and treatment. My birthday wound up being very, very nice.
Thanks to other than the Centara (not) grand (nor on the Beach.)
My best to you all travellers!!!!
Vicky

Room Tip: No rooms are near the beach here. None at all.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vickyloubuckley
Dear Vicky,

Warm greetings from Centara Grand Beach Resort and Villas Hua Hin, Heritage of Yesterday... Today

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feed back on Trip Advisor about your too short stay at the Villas of Centara Grand Hua Hin. We appreciate guests feed back as this is one of the best tools we have to improve guests satisfaction and rectify short comings.

There is no excuse for not having providing you with a King Size bed to begin with and we truly apologize for this overview. We also deeply regret that you did not like our villas, both types shown and feel dismayed that we were unable to keep your valuable business.

We are not trying to find fake excuses but one needs to mention that your check in at 3 AM happened after a very strong rainstorm leaving our gardens and the villa decks and pools filled with leaves and debris from our rather luxuriant vegetation and at this time of the night there was, of course, no one to manicure the area.

Our Jaccuzzi being outside, we do cover them with a canvas to prevent too much vegetation to fall in them and these Jaccuzzis are cleaned on a daily basis, which during stormy weather in this particular occation was not enough.

Our premium pool villas have their "fans" yet we understand that not everyone enjoys them. Again we regret that we could not find any villa accommodation to meet your expectations and this especially on your birthday.

You mention that you did not receive the re-imbursement of you pre-paiment, at least at the time of writing, but we would like to ensure you that your payment to Centara Grand Hua Hin was refunded in its entirety.

Again we are sorry that we were unable to meet your needs during this stormy night and again thank you for telling us of your disappointment. Should you ever change your mind regarding our hotel and be willing to give us another chance, we would be very honoured to show you that this was an exceptional situation and by no mean the rule.

Best regards,